Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Found a P01

User

Default Found a P01

Hi guys

After what feels like forever, and a few discussions with gun shops on whether I got confused and actually wanted a shadow.
    I eventually found a CZ P01.

Is it really that rare or did I just have bad luck?

CZ1.jpg

User

Default Re: Found a P01

I own a CZ P01 Omega, and yes it is rare if that is what you are asking. Absolutely a great gun.
    Forged aluminium Alloy frame. Same weight as a plastic p07...
    One of only a few pistols that survived the NATO test. only other one i know off that is available to the public is the
    Beretta Z88

User

I wouldn't say they're rare but they do seem to come down in batches. Batch landing, I recall seeing them going at sub-10k, after that prices climb.

I have the P01. And absolutely love shooting it. In fact bought the HK USP Exert in 9mmP and did enjoy shooting it but the grip never felt right. Then bought the Shadow 1 and fitted the pre B. Enjoyed that alot. Amazing pistol. Then thought wait ill get the Shadow compact. But bought the P01. At that time only 1 dealer had 1 left.

I fitted Meprolight sights. A Viridian Light. A DPM Recoil guide and a Cajun Pro Package from Jizni. Think was still the first Cajun stuff Jizni brought in. And some VZ Grips.

When going to the range I never even took the Shadow anymore. So I sold it.

I somehow shoot the P01 much faster then the Shadow. I somehow favour Compacts it seems.

User

Thank you for the replies. Yes after doing some research I found a few people had some trouble finding one on the site. I was a Glock fan so never really kept track of anything not Glock related.

Will check Jizni out thanks.

User

But when you get the P01, and need more mags for some reason. don't go buy the original mag from Jizni. the standard CZ75 Compact mag fits 100% on the P01. and they are not that expensive and also widely available and they dont have that rubber piece on the bottom... which makes it better for me when i carry.

User

I have only ever saw one, that was at Huntex last year. I really like it, but the lack of "Finishing/guncoating inside the frame was really an eye sore for me.
    I bought an SP-01 Shadow.

User

Just some proud pics of mine...
    Attachment 30656
    Attachment 30657

What in the world are you doing with that index finger?
    Sent electronically, thus not signed.

Quote Originally Posted by tobie View Post
    I have only ever saw one, that was at Huntex last year. I really like it, but the lack of "Finishing/guncoating inside the frame was really an eye sore for me.
    I bought an SP-01 Shadow.
    LOL. They are Czech not German machinist.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast