Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    User

Default Re: To Glock or not to Glock for a newbie.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyt Ryda View Post
    It's not made by CZ. It's made by STV in the Czech Republic and has a website ending in .cz.
    I used CZ in the same way as I would use SA made meaning South Africa, UK United Kingdom or USA meaning the United States of America.

User

Quote Originally Posted by gary-t View Post
    I used CZ in the same way as I would use SA made meaning South Africa, UK United Kingdom or USA meaning the United States of America.
    Then say it's Czech made, it avoids confusion. I've seen more than one person say certain ammo is made by CZ just because it's Czech made.

User

Bought Glock 19 for myself and one for my son beginning 2018.Between the 2 of us more then 1500 reloads without any issues of jamming.I am very happy with my Glock and aftermarket parts is easy available.

Also bought me Glock 26 and are waiting for license at moment.

Cant go wrong with Glock

Goodluck and i hope you find what you are looking for.

User

Quote Originally Posted by innes View Post
    Bought Glock 19 for myself and one for my son beginning 2018.Between the 2 of us more then 1500 reloads without any issues of jamming.I am very happy with my Glock and aftermarket parts is easy available.

Also bought me Glock 26 and are waiting for license at moment.

Cant go wrong with Glock

Goodluck and i hope you find what you are looking for.
    An average of 750 rounds per gun in 1,5 years will not really tell you much, except that you shoot way to little.

User

Welcome!

Just a quick update.

I bite the bullet and bought a Glock 19 gen 5 two months ago, did the motivation and handed everything in at my DFO. My application is on day 26 today, if all goes well I will have a nice Christmas present.

User

Quote Originally Posted by DD_01 View Post
    Just a quick update.

I bite the bullet and bought a Glock 19 gen 5 two months ago, did the motivation and handed everything in at my DFO. My application is on day 26 today, if all goes well I will have a nice Christmas present.
    You will not be sorry, I have one and apart from Trijicon HD night sights its stock standard and have not had any issues at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

Quote Originally Posted by DD_01 View Post
    Just a quick update.

If all goes well like my first license you'll get the card on day 35 :)

Congratulations your almost there, even if it takes till December the wait is worth it.

Thumbs up Re: To Glock or not to Glock for a newbie.

Quote Originally Posted by armandvdwalt View Post
    If all goes well like my first license you'll get the card on day 35 :)

Congratulations your almost there, even if it takes till December the wait is worth it.
    You have give me new hope. If I get my card in less than 90 days it will feel like I won the lotto.

Handed in my Competency 20/02/2019 received the sms 23/07/2019 its approved on 104 working days. Holding both thumbs I do not have to wait another 6 months.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Toxxyc View Post
    I heard Glocks only last about 5,000 rounds before the frame cracks. It's plastic, after all.

PS: That's a joke.

The guy at the shoot's Glock probably gave issues because he used cheap, shit ammunition. Like feeding your brand new Hilux the cheapest tractor diesel you can find and then getting upset when the injectors get blocked up. Feed your Glock the right ammo, treat it right and it'll go bang, each time, every time, most probably long past your lifetime.
    ^^^This.

I have been running Glocks (different models and different generations) since around 1996 and all of them (including my G26 (Gen 2.5) are still running very well.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast