User

Default Tenicor Velo AIWB holster?

Has anybody used one of these? I had the chance to use a Custom Carry concepts AIWB briefly and it made me realize, AIWB specific holsters locally are still far behind, I have tried around six different ones..
    https://tenicor.com/products/velo-aiwb-holster

User

Default Re: Tenicor Velo AIWB holster?

The reviews look good on the Velo. The in-built claw and DCC clips are something special though.
    The G17 length is great for concealment, but it does make sitting down more uncomfortable.

I don't think some local AIWB holsters are that far behind.
    Quantum Carry's Chameleon V2 with the claw, wedge and dual clips/loops is a very nice appendix option.

Would be nice if the local holster makers started offering DCC clips from Rocksteady gear as options. It's miles better than a J-clip or overclip.

User

I am using a Velo for my 19 and I am very happy with it. I thought it would be uncomfortable for me with the extra tuck feature but I was mistaken, the DCC clips are worth the price on admission alone.

I have the Velo Gen 4 for my G19. I'm no expert, and only have 1 other holster, a bravo concealment torsion 3.0 to compare it to, so take my thoughts from where it comes.

Pros:
    -EXCELLENT comfort. I sometimes forget the gun is there, and can crouch, sit, bend etc with ease.
    -Retention is very solid.
    -The metal DCC metal clips are great, the gun stays put on my belt, and doesn't move at all.
    -The concealment is next level, with shorts and normal sized t shirt there is zero printing. I've been wearing the gun around the house for 2 weeks without my wife noticing.
    -Fit and finish and overall quality is solid. But time will tell, it's early days.

Cons:
    -Price is high
    -Mine came in G17 length, which some prefer, but I dremeled mine, and much prefer the shorter length as I spend a lot of time sitting.
    -With the DCC clips it's a bugger to get off your belt. I basically pretend it's permanent loops and pull the belt out rather than try and unclip.

Hope that helps someone.

Quote Originally Posted by jager View Post
    I have the Velo Gen 4 for my G19. I'm no expert, and only have 1 other holster, a bravo concealment torsion 3.0 to compare it to, so take my thoughts from where it comes.

Pros:
    -EXCELLENT comfort. I sometimes forget the gun is there, and can crouch, sit, bend etc with ease.
    -Retention is very solid.
    -The metal DCC metal clips are great, the gun stays put on my belt, and doesn't move at all.
    -The concealment is next level, with shorts and normal sized t shirt there is zero printing. I've been wearing the gun around the house for 2 weeks without my wife noticing.
    -Fit and finish and overall quality is solid. But time will tell, it's early days.

Cons:
    -Price is high
    -Mine came in G17 length, which some prefer, but I dremeled mine, and much prefer the shorter length as I spend a lot of time sitting.
    -With the DCC clips it's a bugger to get off your belt. I basically pretend it's permanent loops and pull the belt out rather than try and unclip.

Hope that helps someone.
    I cannot repeat the above mentioned any stronger. It is an absolute joy to wear.

The clips take some time getting used to. But after a while you get in a groove.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

I recently wanted a AIWB holster and struggled to find good local products. Then I came across Edge Custom Carry. They have a few options and I decided to buy their Eclipse and Minimalist for a CZP10C. They added Ulticlip XL clips and now it can be used with or without a belt. Those clips are something else... enormous strength is an understatement.

Eugene at Edge Custom Carry gave exceptional customer service and I will reccommend them highly. Still planning on doing a review of the holster and posting it here after a month or so.

Here is what it looks like:
    20191119_234925_compress23.jpgScreenshot_20191119-234827_Gallery_compress23.jpgScreenshot_20191119-234737_Gallery_compress31.jpg
    Screenshot_20191119-234754_Gallery_compress42.jpg

I did not include a picture of how well it conceals because if worn without a gun belt / good belt the claw does not do it's job (in the process of getting a Kore X3). Even without the belt it conceals very well.

Quote Originally Posted by HugoB View Post
    I recently wanted a AIWB holster and struggled to find good local products. Then I came across Edge Custom Carry. They have a few options and I decided to buy their Eclipse and Minimalist for a CZP10C. They added Ulticlip XL clips and now it can be used with or without a belt. Those clips are something else... enormous strength is an understatement.

Eugene at Edge Custom Carry gave exceptional customer service and I will reccommend them highly. Still planning on doing a review of the holster and posting it here after a month or so.

Here is what it looks like:
    20191119_234925_compress23.jpgScreenshot_20191119-234827_Gallery_compress23.jpgScreenshot_20191119-234737_Gallery_compress31.jpg
    Screenshot_20191119-234754_Gallery_compress42.jpg

I did not include a picture of how well it conceals because if worn without a gun belt / good belt the claw does not do it's job (in the process of getting a Kore X3). Even without the belt it conceals very well.
    Thanks for the review Hugo, but I think the OP wanted specifically about the Velo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

Shamelessly plugging a Gen 3 G 17 length with DCC clips for sale if anyone is interested and with apologies to the OP.