Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    User

Default Re: Appeal vs Re-application

Quote Originally Posted by ShirazA View Post
    Which they still do not adhere to. Appeal submitted beginning December was only approved mid May.... 162 days /107 working days... so not even close to the mandated timeline of around 66 days to process and 14 to notify.

Sent from my HUAWEI CAN-L12 using Tapatalk
    Which is what I said earlier.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

I went the re-application route as my DFO said they will pass the mandated 3 month appeal timeframe and will be quciker as she takes in the apps weekly so there is 0 backlog from her side, which was true just over 3 months I had my license card in hand , my brother in law who appealed at same DFO about a month later waited almost 5 months

Everyone misses the point entirely.

If you application is refused because of spurious reasons you need to appeal. Even if it takes longer. You cannot allow CFR to get away with their bullshit, you do this by appealing and putting the board under pressure.

Eventually the appeals board will become paralyzed and the courts will start granting licences on review, or the board will start putting pressure on CFR to do their job properly. Both of these outcomes address the core issue: CFR malice and/or incompetence.

Also, don't have crap applications. I was asked to do an appeal the other day for a dude who had his type 56 refused for the second time. He wanted it for "3 gun shooting" but could not, at all, explain to me what that was.
    Cattle die, kindred die, every man is mortal:
    But I know one thing that never dies,
    the glory of the great dead.
    Havamal

User

Quote Originally Posted by SSP View Post

If you application is refused because of spurious reasons you need to appeal. Even if it takes longer. You cannot allow CFR to get away with their bullshit, you do this by appealing and putting the board under pressure.

Eventually the appeals board will become paralyzed and the courts will start granting licences on review, or the board will start putting pressure on CFR to do their job properly. Both of these outcomes address the core issue: CFR malice and/or incompetence.

Also, don't have crap applications. I was asked to do an appeal the other day for a dude who had his type 56 refused for the second time. He wanted it for "3 gun shooting" but could not, at all, explain to me what that was.

This

Quote Originally Posted by SSP View Post

This is very true .. I myself am guilty of this as wanting MY gun was more important than the bigger picture going forward. I think this is a problem in general

User

Quote Originally Posted by Div View Post
    Thanks for all the input! I went with the appeal. Paid a lawyer a ton to do the paperwork
    I also went with MJ Hood. Very impress with what they have put together as an appeal!

User

My experience: Do not appeal....rather do a new application from the beginning..use the reason they provide you of their refusal to base your new application on..they usually are wrong, so you have insight in regards to the reason they refuse your application...I had previously two refusals ..I just applied again ..and got the licences....few people told me not to appeal , rather submit a new application based on their appeal..it worked every time ...

User

If you have all the docs and a strong motivation. Give them horns. Don't waste your time with re applying. Put the ball back in their court where they have to perform against timelines.

It's a no brainer.

If your motivation sucks. Then reapply.

Sent from my Redmi 5 Plus using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3