Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    User

Default Re: Appeal vs Re-application

If you were refused for a reason you believe to be invalid, you should appeal. Preferably using one of the legal groups like GOSA to help with the process. They are gathering info from all of these cases to use against the CFR. If you just re-apply you are helping the CFR to delay and frustrate you. It just costs you more money and more time, where the appeal has a certain time frame it has to be completed in.

User

Quote Originally Posted by furpile View Post
    It just costs you more money and more time, where the appeal has a certain time frame it has to be completed in.
    A time frame which they unfortunately seem to be NOT adhering to

Banned

My DFO and Capt friend both tell me a appeal -3 months to, well many are at a year with no response ?

User

Quote Originally Posted by ashmaxy View Post
    What was the reason for the refusal?
    I failed to convince them of the need for this weapon

User

Thanks for all the input! I went with the appeal. Paid a lawyer a ton to do the paperwork

User

Quote Originally Posted by Cockroach View Post
    A time frame which they unfortunately seem to be NOT adhering to
    Unfortunately yes. They are not adhering to any of their own rules. My competency took 6 months, because they "lost" my paperwork. My license took 8 months. Even though they should have it done in 90 days / working days. Now it is 90 days just for CFR, and even then they still don't adhere to it. No consequences. My hope is that GOSA gets enough evidence to pursue this matter, as has been mentioned here before. That is why you should try and appeal through them or one of the other legal avenues that have an interest in improving the situation.

About 3 years back I was refused on 1 rifle and 1 pistol. Reason my letter of good standing was older then 3 months from my Shooting body. I phoned PTA. At that time Col Skakhani was still the head. And I had her Cell nr. So spoke to her. She said just reapply with new letter form shooting body as its quicker. So I re applied and got both.

Its your choice. As even applying is a gamble on time. I applied in December. Got Cards 2 weeks back for 2 new rifles I bought December. Well they first were on Importer stock and 1 on Dept 29. But I emailed a Johannes guy at CFR Mid Febr and he fixed that issue.

User

Quote Originally Posted by furpile View Post
    Unfortunately yes. They are not adhering to any of their own rules. My competency took 6 months, because they "lost" my paperwork. My license took 8 months. Even though they should have it done in 90 days / working days. Now it is 90 days just for CFR, and even then they still don't adhere to it. No consequences. My hope is that GOSA gets enough evidence to pursue this matter, as has been mentioned here before. That is why you should try and appeal through them or one of the other legal avenues that have an interest in improving the situation.
    The difference is that the appeal timeline is mandated in the act, unlike the other apps.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Cockroach View Post
    The difference is that the appeal timeline is mandated in the act, unlike the other apps.
    Which they still do not adhere to. Appeal submitted beginning December was only approved mid May.... 162 days /107 working days... so not even close to the mandated timeline of around 66 days to process and 14 to notify.

Sent from my HUAWEI CAN-L12 using Tapatalk

Its really a coin toss with CFR which way to go. As they also dont do apps first in first out.
    Ive applied 2 to 3 weeks before my friend in past. At same DFO. Went up to CFR. And he was shooting weeks before me. Depends on whose desk it arrives.

These apps should be numbered and done First in First out. When you phone they can say you are app 215 and were no processing apps 205 to 211 today. Then its fine.

But does not work that way. Pretty sure CFR looks like piles of paperwork in boxes everywhere.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast