Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    User

Default Re: Howa Bottom Metal

Quote Originally Posted by P1LGR1M View Post
    Does anyone know where we can find the AICS pattern magazines for a Howa 308? Both 5 and 10 rounds.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
    Armsonline.co.za stocks 5 round metal and 10 round plastic. Hailstorm.co.za and euroopticafrica.co.za have a variety of options listed as well.

User

I'd also like to hear more about any personal experience with the Arms bottom and magazine

User

I would get the Atlasworx, Geno in Bloem imports these.

I have an arms bottom metal and it is a copy from a remington pattern which leads to issues that has to be solved with modification.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

User

Quote Originally Posted by Arnold View Post
    I would get the Atlasworx, Geno in Bloem imports these.

I have an arms bottom metal and it is a copy from a remington pattern which leads to issues that has to be solved with modification.

Can you explain in a little more detail? What modifications exactly are required?

User

So I went with the Arms DBM in the end and I really like the finished product. It works perfectly with Magpul AICS P Mags and I suppose that all I could ask of it - see photo below.

20190807_091507.jpg

One thing was frustrating though, I needed to put the stock in a milling machine to get it to fit. I'm going to direct my criticism to the DBM rather than the rifle because the DBM is designed for the rifle, not the other way around.

For those who are curious, there are a number of issues.

1. the material leading to the two actions screws are too wide to drop into the stock easily.

2. The this same material is much deeper than the original bottom metal and the channels require milling out to get the Arms DBM to fit.

3. The Action screw holes aren't the same center to center as the action(less than a mm off) which was easily worked around but not ideal.

All three of these issues arise our of features that are not constrained in any way on the DBM(unlike the magazine box for example). It would have been a matter of setting the dimensions of the part causing all three issues to the correct dimensions and it would have dropped in without hassle.

Even so, for those of you comfortable on a mill(I'm next to clueless and I managed to sort it out in half an hour and most of that was making sure I wasn't going to take too much material off), and who want to save money on a DBM then the Arms DBM is a good option. If you want a drop in solution, then maybe a Atlasworxs is a better choice for you.

User

If I have to correct holes that do not line up with the action it will be sent back. Again I would say rather pay more and get something decent.

The stock inletting is not an issue and many bottom metals needs to be inletted.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2