Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Milkor BXP

Default Milkor BXP

Miracles do happen. Got the sms that my license for my BXP has been approved. Now the waiting for the card begins.

In the meantime i would like to fit a red dot on it. Saw in an older thread that you can fit a picatiny rail. Any idea or recommendation how to do that.

While asking questions. Where can one get additional mags for it. Classic Arms? Or are they available in GP at a gun shop.

User

Default Re: Milkor BXP

just quick, where did you get one? I have been looking around

User

You may try NSN Guns, they have a stack of mags on display. Enjoy the BXP, it's a really fun blaster.

Quote Originally Posted by GAZZAMCK View Post
    just quick, where did you get one? I have been looking around
    Bought it from Classic Arms a long time ago. License application, refusal, appeal, win appeal. You know the story.

Mags can be a pain. For some reason they went with a copy of the Walther MPL mag and not the ubiquitous UZI mag.

I have had to weld up and re-fit all of my mags.

You can fit a rail using the factory holes in the rear sight that were originally intended for a Armson OEG.
    Cattle die, kindred die, every man is mortal:
    But I know one thing that never dies,
    the glory of the great dead.
    Havamal

Waited 4 weeks and a day or two for my cards that came last week.

User

Not too derail, I'm under the impression that the Milkor made BXP's are excellent and the other ones are meh at best.

How reliable are the Milkor ones and would you be happy to depend on this for shtf scenarios? Are these best left for the range?

Not looking for one but if I saw a Milkor one for a reasonable price, I might consider for a range toy, but would be good to know if I had to, I could defend with it.

They aren't bad for what they are, especially bearing in mind that they were intended to fire from an open bolt originally.

The mags are a weak point, especially their fitting.

They are ammo sensitive because the bolt weights the same as a small child.

They need hot ammo and hard primers.

The sights are ridiculously small for the purpose. The underfolding stock is sturdy enough but not the most comfortable thing in the world to shoot. The ergonomics, generally are what you would expect from a subgun design of that era - not great.

They are easy to suppress. Mine is super quiet - to the point where it doesn't trigger timers.

If you put in the work to mess with loads to get it to function properly and carefully fitted all your mags it will be reasonably reliable.

I'd still take a pistol for defence though.
    Cattle die, kindred die, every man is mortal:
    But I know one thing that never dies,
    the glory of the great dead.
    Havamal

User

Mags are a serious issue as stated, I found some would not seat at all and fall out even when unloaded, others that would seat but not when loaded and fall clear, so a process of elimination when you buy them. I prefer not to fiddle and polish and whatever else people tend to do, it either works or it doesn't.

Some of the ones that wouldn't work in mine were prefect in another guy's sample.I have another somewhere that wouldn't work in either.

User

Quote Originally Posted by zguy View Post
    Not too derail, I'm under the impression that the Milkor made BXP's are excellent and the other ones are meh at best.

How reliable are the Milkor ones and would you be happy to depend on this for shtf scenarios? Are these best left for the range?

Not looking for one but if I saw a Milkor one for a reasonable price, I might consider for a range toy, but would be good to know if I had to, I could defend with it.
    Mine had some reliability issues right from the box. I found that the trigger would occasionally not reset. Some small changes to the trigger linkage seems to have fixed it A friend had similar issues, although his started after a considereable round count.

If it is 106% reliable, then it is definitely useable for serious purposes, if and when needed. The question is, will it be available when the shtf, or will it be sitting in the safe?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast