Thread: 1911 Project

User

Default 1911 Project

So after selling my Colt Series 70 a few years back, I found a Norinco 1911 at a decent price and decided to get it and make it my "project" gun.

It is a stock Norinco 1911a1 that is in good condition and was recently reblued(it still have those awful plastic grips fitted which I want to replace first thing, so if anyone has a spare set of grips lying around let me know).

The trigger is rather heavy (compared to my Series 70 that I can remember) and I would like to know from the more experienced 1911 guys if I just replace the trigger and sear with the RHT(or whatever suggested) sear and trigger(and also the obvious polishing), will this improve the trigger pull or will it only really be a noticeable improvement after getting a trigger job done?

Another question I have is if it is still possible to purchase parts from brownells if the value is below $100 or is this not an option anymore? And where locally is the best places to look for parts?

User

Default Re: 1911 Project

A 1911 project is always exciting , options for it is endless.

Purchase your parts locally and save yourself the hassle.
    1911 parts are available.

Quote Originally Posted by bronxlive View Post
    So after selling my Colt Series 70 a few years back, I found a Norinco 1911 at a decent price and decided to get it and make it my "project" gun.

It is a stock Norinco 1911a1 that is in good condition and was recently reblued(it still have those awful plastic grips fitted which I want to replace first thing, so if anyone has a spare set of grips lying around let me know).

The trigger is rather heavy (compared to my Series 70 that I can remember) and I would like to know from the more experienced 1911 guys if I just replace the trigger and sear with the RHT(or whatever suggested) sear and trigger(and also the obvious polishing), will this improve the trigger pull or will it only really be a noticeable improvement after getting a trigger job done?

Another question I have is if it is still possible to purchase parts from brownells if the value is below $100 or is this not an option anymore? And where locally is the best places to look for parts?

User

You can purchase for any amount really. It's just that over 100 USD Brownell's require you to furnish them with an export permit from the US State Department. That permit will cost you 250 USD.

The site will show you which parts are not available for export.

User

I found 1911 parts by Rescomp .

Rescomp have excellent quality 1911 parts. They also know how to fit them for you