Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default How long after receiving the appeal message

How long after receiving the appeal message
    SAPS msg: Your Notification of Appeal Ref. 174xxx was received at the Appeal Board. Do not reply to this SMS.

User
    GP, but in my mind, hunting for Ivory in the 1930's

Default Re: How long after receiving the appeal message

I think they have 66 days or something like that.
    Don’t take life too seriously, no one gets out alive.

User

Mine was from 20 February to 26 June.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

User

They have 66 days to make a decision and another 14 days to notify you of the result......but they are overwhelmed :) :) and do not stick to that timeframe

User

Received my SMS for the appeal on 27 March 2019. It is still under consideration.

Guys , the appeal contact number is 012 353 6542. The persons answering and processing appeals are Mercia Prins and a Remember. My sad story reads much the same handed appeal in 15 march, registered on the system 29 March (sms recieved) followed up and found they have lost all my documents submitted including the SAPS 530 formafter entering on the system, emailed and hand delivered another set 8th August , still waiting but phone once a week on the above number.

User

Hi Jared

I am in a very similar situation to you, did the appeal through GOSA and also have been in contact with Mercia on the 6542 number. I received an sms indicating my appeal was received on the 8th of March and has subsequently been in consideration with the board since day 60 (working days with public holidays excluded). I am now on 115 working days since that sms.

My question is, how did you gather the information indicating that they had lost your Appeal documents including the SAPS 530? I am desperate to know whether or not my documents have been misplaced or a request for updated "dedicated Status/SAPSA membership" has been flagged without feedback. I am concerned as I have seen many appeals submitted later than mine, with higher reference numbers i.e. 173XXX, approved whilst my appeal sits without movement.

Regards

Ant

I know the reason people say to appeal. But I personally still feel its easier and cheaper to reapply. I had 2 refused about 3 years back. Said my Letters of goodstanding from club was older then 3 months from application. I just used the letter from earlier the year.
    I spoke at that time to a Col Skakhani at Western Cape CFR section who gave me reason over phone. She also suggested then to just reapply with correct letter rather then wait for Refusal letter. I did and 3 months later had cards.

User

Hi Shooty

In hind sight, had I known, I would have also re-applied. However as many of us are now "locked" into the appeal system with no information coming out of the "Board", I need to know when to cap this now 257 working day endeavor, cancel the application, eat the financial loss and try another approach to attaining a S/A rifle for competition. Hence my question to forum.

Regards

Ant

In +-October 2017 I applied for Lyman 44 L/A. Went for approval December. Then In +-March still showed the same. I asked GOSA to assist. They sent an email the Friday Morning to CFR. CFR emailed them back about 90 days rule or so and said its in process. Gosa emailed me said they will request feedback in a week again. But hour after they emailed CFR I received SMS license was approved. So think GOSA woke someone at CFR up.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast