Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Re: AIWB causing pain in slender EDCers?

I am using the QC centerline holster... the quality of the holster is honestly on point but after 3 hours of carrying it really hurts me on my bladder, i just wish the QC could of round the edges by the muzzle.

I use a cobra belt but move the buckle to the far left to minimize any sort of bulge that the buckle adds.

https://quantumcarry.com/products/ce...pendix-holster
    Last edited by ror123; 15-07-2019 at 08:58. Reason: grammar

User

I am 1.86m, 90Kg, and have a bit of a boep. Tried putting my Beretta 81 with a sticky holster in an AIWB position, shifted it around a bit, could not get *any* sort of comfort going. Gave that up, and went back to 16:00.

Fast forward a few years, thought I'd try it - admittedly, not with a. the most slender pistol around, and b. not an AIWB specific holster. Tried my P320C with a SC grip module in my Daniels IWB holster. Much of the same result. Just can not do it. Would love to compare proper notes, and try a designed for purpose holster some time though.

Not optimal at 16:00, but at least comfortable (I know it is not the no1 consideration). Can add though that a decent belt absolutely made a huge difference to me, even at my current carry position.

User

User

Quote Originally Posted by Grant9 View Post
    The money isn't the problem, making sure the holster gets delivered is more what I'd be concerned about.
    How long does customs take and how do you go about paying the duties ? I think they class hoslters as textiles which is 40% tax unless I am mistaken ?

Perhaps someone who recently ordered one can clarify the effort/fees involved in doing so.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyt Ryda View Post
    I think they class hoslters as textiles which is 40% tax unless I am mistaken ?
    Cant be classified as textiles if the holster is made out of kydex/plastic. If leather or nylon perhaps then

User

Quote Originally Posted by Nyt Ryda View Post
    The money isn't the problem, making sure the holster gets delivered is more what I'd be concerned about.
    How long does customs take and how do you go about paying the duties ? I think they class hoslters as textiles which is 40% tax unless I am mistaken ?

Perhaps someone who recently ordered one can clarify the effort/fees involved in doing so.
    My first Raven order took a month , the next 6 months, i still feel its a worthwhile wait.
    Customs was about 10 % on both my orders, again worth it. Especially if the alternative is buying something a tiny bit cheaper and having issues like "sharp edges".

Also Raven replaced my first Eidolon shell free of charge after i broke it because i was a dumbass,

User

Quote Originally Posted by Ds J View Post
    Over the last few weeks and months a few thin folks have crossed my path who have claimed that they can not carry AIWB because it hurts.

It seems that the pressure of the holster on the pubic bone, or on the tissue between the navel and the hip bone, causes internal pain.

It is more than chafing on the skin - it seems really to effect folks to a point that they willingly switch to another carry position.

The complaints occured with different types of holsters: leather, webbing and kydex.

Any advice or explanation appreciated!
    I have abandoned appendix carry for all the reasons mentioned above. It is excrutiatingly painful to carry in this position. I am a 32 waist so its got nothing to do with the belly. Just the way it presses into the pelvic bone makes this form of carry for me really unpleasent. I have an alien gear as well as a concealment solutions asp 2.1. The edc belt I use is is a Kore X2 leather belt with reinforced buckle.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Hook View Post
    Agreed. I haven't seen a locally made AIWB holster that actually has the needed bumps, swells and pads.

My go to is JM Custom holsters.
    Me too. It works very well and wears very well imo. Close to 3 years on the JM for AIWB EDC .

Mine ended up with 2 belt loops - closest to the buckle a fixed loop (because it is more low profile than a clip button) and the other a pull the dot press button belt loop.

I wear it to sit in the groin area close to my hip bone.
    Last edited by DS; 15-07-2019 at 12:26.

User

The LAG Krieger also works well but I prefer the JM.

http://www.lagtactical.com/the-krieg...ry-holster-v2/ = at Hailstorm. The cant can be adjusted and the level of tuck of the grip of the gun can be modified. and if you decide that AIWB is absolutely not for you covert it into a IWB holster by utilising the cant and removing the tuck tab.

User

I'm 1.83m and 85kg.

My Carter AIWB holster is comfortable as far as positioning goes, but the edge of the kydex rubs against my pelvic bone. I wrapped a layer of neoprene around the lower half of the holster and it made the world of difference.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast