Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    User

Default Re: Whats the most outlandish - extravagant thing you have eaten in the bush while hunting ?

One evening we set a proper table in camp one guy was braaiing steak and sosaties etc one making pa,sous and salads! Spouses were first shown a photo of double door fridge loaded with adult refreshments! When we related the set table story they did not believe us. Till we produced photo's Now they want family hunt.

User

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Vier View Post
    Salad, with dressing
    That's extremely dangerous...and adventurous!

Banned

Default Re: Whats the most outlandish - extravagant thing you have eaten in the bush while hunting ?

Salad, with dressing
    Salad - Hunting ? - in the bush ? dressing ?
    and a Pink rifle ?.

User

Been thinking about this, this thread might well be the wrong way around.

Outlandish means something from another country/custom, but the stuff we eat is not unique, sheep and cattle does not come from here, everybody all over the world have them. In that sense I always find it funny how people braai steak or chops on a hunt, the actual animals they hunt gets taken home for processing.

Extravagant means over the top, meaning you do lobster thermador with French wine, but in all honesty I would rather have a lamb chop. Extravagant also means spare no expense, but we always sleep in the veld with no luxuries. It seems the things that hits closest to home is those we grew up with, and appreciate most.

So when the question is asked, what is the most outlandish thing you have eaten, proper thought must be given. In that regard I have eaten the most weirdest of things, but all from here, just things people never mention or talk about. You make a pot with dassie, springhaas and kelkiewyn then most of the people in SA will think you are mad, but yes, that is how I grew up, with weird food but from here.

Outlandish and weird is what you don’t associate with, like an Englishman drinking warm beer.
    Not outlandish and weird, that is doing that which you want to do, and just like Andrew, you need to try everything and keep the good, sorry that is a poor comparison, some things needs to be tested and while good, still needs to be let go.

Trying and testing mainly only serves to confirm that which you already approve of.

User

I have had real tiger prawns, done on the braai with garlic lemon butter, accompanied by ice cold Dom Perignon champagne. I was about 200km south of Beira at the time

User

Quote Originally Posted by Messor View Post
    Been thinking about this, this thread might well be the wrong way around.

Outlandish means something from another country/custom, but the stuff we eat is not unique, sheep and cattle does not come from here, everybody all over the world have them. In that sense I always find it funny how people braai steak or chops on a hunt, the actual animals they hunt gets taken home for processing.

Extravagant means over the top, meaning you do lobster thermador with French wine, but in all honesty I would rather have a lamb chop. Extravagant also means spare no expense, but we always sleep in the veld with no luxuries. It seems the things that hits closest to home is those we grew up with, and appreciate most.

So when the question is asked, what is the most outlandish thing you have eaten, proper thought must be given. In that regard I have eaten the most weirdest of things, but all from here, just things people never mention or talk about. You make a pot with dassie, springhaas and kelkiewyn then most of the people in SA will think you are mad, but yes, that is how I grew up, with weird food but from here.

Outlandish and weird is what you don’t associate with, like an Englishman drinking warm beer.
    Not outlandish and weird, that is doing that which you want to do, and just like Andrew, you need to try everything and keep the good, sorry that is a poor comparison, some things needs to be tested and while good, still needs to be let go.

Trying and testing mainly only serves to confirm that which you already approve of.
    100% agreed

Let me rephrase

Salad, with dressing

��

User

100% agreed

Let me rephrase

Salad, with dressing

��

The only thing that would beat that would be Bussel Sprouts.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Againstthegrains View Post

The only thing that would beat that would be Bussel Sprouts.
    yussus and moer, you O's are not lekker.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3