Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8
    User

Default Re: IDPA Africa Champs 2019

I’ve shot a SAPSA nationals at Kraaifontein where 250+ shooters competed and not a single shooter was DQ’d for “over the berm” pointing. So “all Cape Town” ranges, in fact, don’t have this rule.

The fact that the post-match noice over takes the prematch excitement is a sad reflection of the current state IDPA seems to be in locally and frankly worldwide by my understanding. Being worst enemies against itself is an IDPA mainstay.

I’m quite interested to understand how one judges pointing the gun over the berm? It is when it passes 90deg parallel to the ground?

User

Default Re: IDPA Africa Champs 2019

While this is getting such a disproportionate amount of airtime:

My wife used to shoot / compete a LOT with her 1911 (her choice, not mine). I have video of her shooting one handed while holding a bag (IDPA prop). On every shot the muzzle whips up to about 40 - 45 degrees from horizontal. That my friends is a "hair trigger" 1911 pointed waaaaay over the berm. A fully loaded 1911 with a finger INSIDE the trigger guard. The horror!!!

I fact if we want to be honest with ourselves we will admit that ALL of us have seen this phenomenon. So maybe we should just ban women and youngsters and old people and all fuckers who don't shoot compensated guns from shooting competitions. 'Cos hey, if a Glock with its slide locked back on an empty chamber will cause the end of the world if pointing over a berm, think of what a loaded gun can do...

Alternatively we could just stick to actual vs. made up IDPA rules?

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8