Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    User

Default Re: Need Help Identifying & Valuing Handguns

oooh...Browning Challenger

User
    Right next to the pot that needs stirring.

Now what now Piet???? Oooh...

But still no aw for the P38

User

Quote Originally Posted by Adoons View Post
    Now what now Piet???? Oooh...

But still no aw for the P38

Ya...I try to drool privately. Would be interesting to learn the browning's serial nr.

As for the P-38, the unlikely discovery of miraculous and unlikely proof marks excluded, not holding my breath, but still enthused at the symbolic significance of it's clockwork, among other reasons they lost the war, this most German of answers to the 1911 in all ways including the lack of fidelity, sir Moses' model of simplicity in function having been lost in translation apparently, along with the instructions for not invading Poland.

Or in other words. "aw".

Thanks again Piet, for the Browning model name. I'll have a look and send the serial.

User

Quote Originally Posted by S_J View Post
    Thank you Piet for your colourful reminiscence, I especially enjoyed the 'lanyard loop to make nunchucks' quip.

Tobie, do you know how can I definitively identify the model?

I'm new to the forum, is there a way to send pictures?
    The reinforced model has a visible bolt above the trigger, I don't see anything from that picture. That doesn't mean it's bad though.

Are you trying to sell these or buy them?

Tobie, the only use I might have for a P-38 is strapping it to the one I already have to use as nun-chucks, as suggested by Piet.

They are just gathering dust and I'm trying to find out if they're worth the effort to sell.

Thank you for the info about the reinforcing bolt. The more I know, the better position I have when speaking with dealers. I've taken them to a few and got, frankly, pretty insulting offers.

User

My advice would be to hold om to the Browning. They are good for a couple of lifetimes of fun shooting at low cost. Something to train kids, grand kids, nephews and nieces with.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Piet vWdVries View Post
    Ya...I try to drool privately. Would be interesting to learn the browning's serial nr.

As for the P-38, the unlikely discovery of miraculous and unlikely proof marks excluded, not holding my breath, but still enthused at the symbolic significance of it's clockwork, among other reasons they lost the war, this most German of answers to the 1911 in all ways including the lack of fidelity, sir Moses' model of simplicity in function having been lost in translation apparently, along with the instructions for not invading Poland.

Or in other words. "aw".
    I'm starting to like Piet's sense of humour. He also seems to appreciate Brownings so I guess he is able to recognise class when he sees it.

But maybe's he's being a bit harsh on the P38......

;-)

I think I'm going to do just that FFourie, it seems there's more value in having fun with it on a range than selling it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2