Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    User

Default Sig Sauer 9mm V Crown vs Winchester 9mm Ranger T

Afternoon Gents,

I would like to ask if anyone has had the opportunity to run a couple of Sig Sauer 9mm V Crown 124gr through their 9mm and how do they compare to the Winchester 9mm Ranger T 124gr JHP?

User

Default Re: Sig Sauer 9mm V Crown vs Winchester 9mm Ranger T

Compare against what criteria?

User

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate View Post
    Compare against what criteria?
    Is there any like or dislike comparing the two rounds against each other? I have checked out some youtube clips on the V Crown, but have not met anyone that has fired these rounds, and get their opinion. My work friend at work reckons that the Ranger T is perfect for him, although he has a .45 and not a 9mm.

User

I would expect the Ranger T to perform better through realistic barriers including clothing.

User

In your opinion, Is there any 9mm round that you would recomend out of personal experience?

User

Quote Originally Posted by EttienneC View Post
    In your opinion, Is there any 9mm round that you would recomend out of personal experience?
    What gun is it for ? Shorter barrel guns fair better with heavier ammo.
    The two most popular 9mmP Ranger Ts out of the weights available would be the 147gr and 127gr +P+, the 124gr +P is less common.

Out of all three, the 147gr seems to have the least recoil and performs the same as the other weights (actually better than the other weights if you look at the Luckygunner lab tests).

But BigT would probably say pick a good one, that he's a fan of Hornady Critical Duty, and more importantly to make sure its reliable in your gun and focus on shot placement :)

User

Shot for the feedback NytRyda. I bought a 9mm Ruger American Compact. I have been to the range once and bought 50 reloads & 50 factory just to get the feel of the gun when firing reloads and checking the possibility of jamming.

My reason for asking about the ammo, is that it would best to carry the ammo that you would be shooting at the range with.

User

Shot for the feedback NytRyda. I bought a 9mm Ruger American Compact. I have been to the range once and bought 50 reloads & 50 factory just to get the feel of the gun when firing reloads and checking the possibility of jamming.

My reason for asking about the ammo, is that it would best to carry the ammo that you would be shooting at the range with.
    There is no need to do all your practise with carry ammo. Because all that will happen is you will either carry shit ammo or you won’t practise enough.

Function test your carry ammo and replace it regularly. But practise with something cheaper

For carry I suggest which ever of the premium hollowpoints is most reliable and accurate in your gun.

I do like the Hornady Critical Duty range. Ranger is fine. Gold dot and Hst are great but hard to get. Golden Sabre is fine as well

User

Afternoon Gents,

I would like to ask if anyone has had the opportunity to run a couple of Sig Sauer 9mm V Crown 124gr through their 9mm and how do they compare to the Winchester 9mm Ranger T 124gr JHP?
    Unlike hunting bullets where performance can can be judged from actual shootings , recovered weight, penetration, wound channels, bullet failures etc EDC bullets performance is more subjective. Most people that carry EDC bullets never shoot anyone. One has to look at what bullets have been chosen by law enforcement agencies, performance in "lab testing" and amateur water and wet pack testing. There are also rare accounts bullet performance in actual shootings. While I think that the Sig V crown bullets will give above average performance I still carry ranger -T ammunition. It is used by many law enforcement agencies and has a long track record. If they were substandard they would have been exposed by now.

Well 127gr Rangers work fine.

Great heavy clothing and glass penetration.
    Cattle die, kindred die, every man is mortal:
    But I know one thing that never dies,
    the glory of the great dead.
    Havamal

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast