User

Default Looking for a Rollie snuby Grip containing a lazer.

images (13).jpeg

Good day guys. Does anybody know where I can get one of these in SA? Has anybogy got one that gan give a propper review? ps. Its a snubby grip with a lazer om the side.

User

Default Re: Looking for a Rollie snuby Grip containing a lazer.

Thought a lot about this and other useful doodads for a snubby. I wonder if the laser module is available then you DIY a grip yourself, perhaps modify a store-bought grip.

Can these lasergrips be ordered from sites in the US ? Import restrictions?

User

Why do you want one though?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

That is a Crimson Trace grip and they are available locally but likely on special order. I have Seen Dave Sheer advertise Crimson Trace goods.
    I would suggest sitting down when they tell you the price. Pretty certain they will cost more than your revolver.

As for importing them, they are regulated cause they are considered a gun part, so you would need to arrange an export permit if I am not mistaken.

I can well understand the want for one, Snubby sights are generally very poor when compared to most SD pistols. I have seen only a small number of revolvers with night sights so this may well be a good option.
    I know Smith & Wesson released the Bodyguard 38 with a Crimson grip as part of the package, but they are VERY dear, MRS Techniques can help you there.
    https://www.smith-wesson.com/firearm...-crimson-trace

User

quick hijack

are MAGAZINES considered gun parts

i have some historical items i want to bring in

User

Quote Originally Posted by GAZZAMCK View Post
    quick hijack

are MAGAZINES considered gun parts

i have some historical items i want to bring in
    In terms of ITAR?

Yes.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Rustytrombone View Post
    images (13).jpeg

Good day guys. Does anybody know where I can get one of these in SA? Has anybogy got one that gan give a propper review? ps. Its a snubby grip with a lazer om the side.
    Not all snubbies use the same frame, what model is yours? Find out if one is even made for yours first, then try source it locally,

User

Well yes I think one would need to sit down when hearing the prices. Especially for an "odd" item like this.
    What's more, I'm looking for a set for a model 85 Taurus, most of the cheaper snubby lasers are made for Smith model 36's.
    It's also why I'm wondering if the laser modules can be acquired separately, then build up your own grip.
    Or have a side-plate mounted universal module.
    Online it's really difficult to tell who carries them because they don't always keep much inventory, in spite of being listed.
    Crimson Trace, Hogue, LaserLyte, someone else supplies also but it seems just for short runs and quickly out of stock.

Strange that it's considered a gun part. It's just a grip. And someone added a laser. Laser pointers can be bought for R5-10 in any thrift store, granted not the build quality needed here.

It would be really cool to have miniaturized equivalents of WML's etc made for snubbies. Don't ask why, and case use etc. Suffice to say if it has use cases when it's all you got, and if you could use those 5 shots more effectively in today's environment then it's good.
    Same applies to the minimal sights on these snubbies. There must be a way to get around this problem with a cheap retrofit. Us folk with older eyes need more than the tiny notch, without having to spend $$$ on a high-end snubbie.

https://laserlyte.com/laser-sights/

User

Rescomp had some crimson trace in stock for awhile but if I remember correctly they were between 5 and 7k each