Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Default Re: Semi Auto Shotgun advise

Quote Originally Posted by Khumba View Post
    Imo no - you have backup in the fact that you have the 2.

The parts can be had albeit with effort and time if ever that is required and hopefully never.
    Thanks Khumba, but what if a bolt goes on one? I wouldn't want to not shoot one because I can't get a spare bolt.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

User

Quote Originally Posted by pbuitendag View Post
    Thanks Khumba, but what if a bolt goes on one? I wouldn't want to not shoot one because I can't get a spare bolt.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
    You will for a while not be able to shoot both at the same time.

If the local distributor is not able to order and and supply a bolt/bolt carrier (afaik they are sold as a complete bolt carrier assembly and not separate) Hailstorm would probably be able to order it from the USA via good connections we have. Hailstorm is however not prepared to take responsibility for non-availability of Beretta parts. That said we made an effort to provide some support for the PX4 (especially the PX4C) because we believe the PX4 platform deserving of an effort to support it.

User

I bit late in the thread. Have not shot the M2 though, but have an M4 and she runs like a dream. Does not like light loads though. Barrel is also a bit short for birds/clays but still runs.
    No experience in broken parts, hope she lives forever.
    If something happens will go cry at Hailstorms door :)

User

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbes View Post
    You could also give consideration to Fabarm.

I have been running a PSS10 for a number of years in IDPA and have been very happy with it.
    I have a FABARM L4S which is a shotgun for hunting and it is my favorite out of all my shotguns. Along with the FABARM I own Browning, Winchester, Franchi and Weatherby.

On another note I’ve never understood Beretta. Their customer service in the U.S. totally sucks and just about everyone knows it. They just don’t care. I really like Beretta shotguns but sold the two I owned because of the sorry customer service. On the other hand Benelli/Franchi/Stoeger customer service is excellent and of course they are all owned by Beretta. I like Benelli and have owned one but they just don’t fit me very well.

User

I appreciate everyones advise very much. Thanks to you all, Today I bought myself a Benelli Supernova 28” (pump action)
    I ended up going for the pump action because of the multiple roles I am going to use it for and it set me back just under 16k

Thanks again guys!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

Sorry for bringing this back up. Would it be possible to have a bolt machined at a gunsmith?

User

Quote Originally Posted by Meteor View Post
    Sorry for bringing this back up. Would it be possible to have a bolt machined at a gunsmith?
    Possibly, but the costs I feel may well be astronomical and unless you strike it lucky, highly unlikely to be as reliable as a factory unit.
    But along those lines, If Beretta is an impossibility, does someone like Taran Tactical do an upgraded bolt and would that possibly be easier to get than a factory unit?

User

User

User

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast