Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    User

Default Re: Semi Auto Shotgun advise

Quote Originally Posted by Cockroach View Post
    So it has been updated to "Made in italy, begins with B and ends with a specific vowel"?
    I think it is more a situation of very good and better.

User

So the Benelli is better than the Beretta because of spares and what it comes installed with from the factory but not because of quality?

Buy the Beretta for less than half the price of the Benelli and import a spares pack yourself now already. Not everyone can drop R30-35K on a firearm "just because of spares availability ".

User

Quote Originally Posted by Bowhunter View Post
    So the Benelli is better than the Beretta because of spares and what it comes installed with from the factory but not because of quality?

Buy the Beretta for less than half the price of the Benelli and import a spares pack yourself now already. Not everyone can drop R30-35K on a firearm "just because of spares availability ".
    From where?

A firing pin is one thing. A bolt is a whole other thing. Importing that if you can find someone to ship you one is going to cost close to a whole gun.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Khumba View Post
    I think it is more a situation of very good and better.
    Yup with equal back up they're equal guns. But with no back up ...

Quote Originally Posted by Bowhunter View Post

So when your 20k Beretta shits the bed, you don't have a gun that is half the price of a Benelli. You have a very expensive stick.
    Cattle die, kindred die, every man is mortal:
    But I know one thing that never dies,
    the glory of the great dead.
    Havamal

User

Quote Originally Posted by SSP View Post
    So when your 20k Beretta shits the bed, you don't have a gun that is half the price of a Benelli. You have a very expensive stick.
    A very heavily regulated expensive stick

User

Quote Originally Posted by Steven001 View Post
    This has put me off the Beretta, I use to own an HK P30L (bought before consulting anyone) and the frustration of not being able to get parts and accessories was not even close to worth the quality of the firearm, so between Beretta and Benelli I guess its a no brainer, Ill speak to the bank.....
    I am an HK guy through and through, own a P30L too, love the gun, but understand the limitations should it sh1t the bed.
    Same sadly goes got the 1301, I have heard rumours of the bolts costing more than the initial outlay of the shotgun to replace should it break, and there are recorded cases of this happening.
    Which club do you shoot with in IDPA? If you shoot at the Cecil Payne range, I am more than willing to let you shoot my M2 SP, and you will quickly see where the money goes

User

Quote Originally Posted by Speed_Freak View Post
    I am an HK guy through and through, own a P30L too, love the gun, but understand the limitations should it sh1t the bed.
    Same sadly goes got the 1301, I have heard rumours of the bolts costing more than the initial outlay of the shotgun to replace should it break, and there are recorded cases of this happening.
    Which club do you shoot with in IDPA? If you shoot at the Cecil Payne range, I am more than willing to let you shoot my M2 SP, and you will quickly see where the money goes
    Thank you very much for the offer I really appreciate it, I shoot at Rooikraal mostly, gonna be joining there soon Ill maybe get in touch before I go to Cecil Payne again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

I have been looking to buy at the Benelli too.
    I am a great believer in buy once, cry once.
    How many semi"s have been approved lately?
    I bought a 9mm carbine April last year, just got the sms for approval last week.

User

Quote Originally Posted by BigT View Post
    From where?

A firing pin is one thing. A bolt is a whole other thing. Importing that if you can find someone to ship you one is going to cost close to a whole gun.
    I imported a few spares for my 1301 earlier this year. Plenty of places online in Europe and the US that sell spares for the Beretta.

How much is a spare Benelli bolt and who has stock locally?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast