Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Add-ons on self defense

Recently i have heard rumors that when you carry for self defense, you are not allowed to have red-dot sights on your hand gun, also you are not allowed to have compensators on, or extended magazines.
    How true is this, and what will the impact be should you have had this done already, and you are caught in a situation, having to use your modded gun?

Thank you for taking time to read this.

User

Default Re: Add-ons on self defense

Sigh...

Let those propagating the rumors show you where the FCA prohibits such add-ons. Unfortunately there are many rumors that refuse to die, like "hollow points are illegal". People should learn to read!

Spoiler: The FCA doesn't prohibit any of those items mentioned.

User

It's all a lie. It's not smart to have a red dot on, and it's not smart to have extended magazines that might be unreliable, and it's not smart to have a compensator because it blinds you when you shoot in the dark and bursts your eardrums when you shoot it indoors. So it's not smart, but it's legal.

thank you guys, i really appreciate you taking time to view and reply to this.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Toxxyc View Post
    It's all a lie. It's not smart to have a red dot on, and it's not smart to have extended magazines that might be unreliable, and it's not smart to have a compensator because it blinds you when you shoot in the dark and bursts your eardrums when you shoot it indoors. So it's not smart, but it's legal.
    I’m carrying a gun with a red dot right now. Educate me to how that’s not smart.

I know some very clever people who carry guns with red dots and comps.

User

Quote Originally Posted by BigT View Post
    I’m carrying a gun with a red dot right now. Educate me to how that’s not smart.

Was waiting for this ^^^

User

When I was still a cop I was told by a colleague I would be arrested for murder if I shot someone with hollow points. I gave him the investigating officers name carrying the docket for the armed robbers that got an overdose of 124gr XTP's 3 months earlier...

I've also heard that it is illegal to shoot someone with a laser sight equipped gun...

The correct response is almost invariably a polite: "Ja what the fuck ever" before calling the closest mental hospital to report an escaped patient

User

Quote Originally Posted by M43 View Post
    When I was still a cop I was told by a colleague I would be arrested for murder if I shot someone with hollow points. I gave him the investigating officers name carrying the docket for the armed robbers that got an overdose of 124gr XTP's 3 months earlier...

I've also heard that it is illegal to shoot someone with a laser sight equipped gun...

The correct response is almost invariably a polite: "Ja what the fuck ever" before calling the closest mental hospital to report an escaped patient
    Can we get more cops like you

User

the point is, it doesnt really matter whats legal (until you have your court date)

what matters at that moment is what the offfffasir of da law believes

would it be possible to sue an officer in personal capacity for wrongful arrest?

User

Quote Originally Posted by BigT View Post

Maybe it's changed since last time I thought about it, but last I found that it's a bit hard to shoot with a red dot with a dead battery, or you draw and the thing's not turned on, and it snags on clothing and other things, or you can't find the dot under pressure, etc. I've seen all the above happen at the range before. I guess it does depend on what RDS you have installed though.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast