Default Howa 308 extraction

I have a howa 308. When I extract the empty casing out of chamber after shooting the ejection is not as smooth as I would like. While extraction takes place the case neck hits against chamber. Is this normal? I ve seen the 30.06 extraction and the case is first with drawn outside and then spun side ways clearing the chamber in a smooth manner.

Banned

Default Re: Howa 308 extraction

Very strong ejector spring? Are you doing a quick ejection or slowly pulling back the bolt?

Quote Originally Posted by driepootx View Post
    Very strong ejector spring? Are you doing a quick ejection or slowly pulling back the bolt?
    Im doing a quick ejection.how ever if I do it slow it does the same.

Default Re: Howa 308 extraction

What Cases are you using.

I just recently got a Sako 222Rem. Friend gave me 20 once fired PMP. I have while waiting for license purchased Lapua and Sako cases.

The PMP once when I sized them makes a little small bump at bottom of case. Which indicates to me maybe thick brass case. The Lapua and Sako does not do this.
    When I load the PMP into chamber it takes force to close bolt handle. Other makes not.
    On extraction I can clearly on pmp see little marks where bolt gripped it. So the rim at bottom is thicker brass then others.

I have not even loaded those PMP cases. Will use them for setting up press or something.

Maybe its just the make of cases your using. Try different makes also.

Quote Originally Posted by shooty View Post
    What Cases are you using.

I just recently got a Sako 222Rem. Friend gave me 20 once fired PMP. I have while waiting for license purchased Lapua and Sako cases.

The PMP once when I sized them makes a little small bump at bottom of case. Which indicates to me maybe thick brass case. The Lapua and Sako does not do this.
    When I load the PMP into chamber it takes force to close bolt handle. Other makes not.
    On extraction I can clearly on pmp see little marks where bolt gripped it. So the rim at bottom is thicker brass then others.

I have not even loaded those PMP cases. Will use them for setting up press or something.

Maybe its just the make of cases your using. Try different makes also.
    I use PMP but the thickness is not the issue. I think it while extracting the case turns prematurely hitting the side of the chamber. Hope that makescsense