Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Banned

Default Re: When not to shoot at a animal.

Quote Originally Posted by knipmes View Post
    Sorry. Perhaps I should have mentioned that I was the manager on the game farm. The "canoe" was therefore stored on the farm.
    Another item I used when recovering animals that were unreachable with vehicles: I used one of these big 2 wheeled trolleys that you use when shifting heavy goods. It has a flat base plate in front of the wheels and a frame that stands upright. I changed the original wheels to larger ones. You then first try to get the base plate under the animal and then tip/ lever the trolley backwards. The animal is then positioned on the frame and tied down with rope on the frame. The trolley is then dragged to a place where it can be loaded on the vehicle. The bigger wheels helps to go over the rough terrain.
    I did same with my trolley bigger wheels slightly closer together and moved more to the pivot corner made handles straight flat to lie flat on ground, animal was put on trolley ratchet strapped in place and then the wheels were used to pivot handles to hand height. Sadly they broke into hunt hut and used trolley to load our stay behind gear.

Sorry to hear that you lost your stuff. My bile turns into gall stones.

Banned

yea - place is spoiled now, we sleep with portable alarms around doors windows take everything home every time.
    But hey - I still when I think of the life he leads, if ya got to steal my old pots and shooting targets - match's tin foil miss matched plates and toilet paper soap kinda stuff, your life must be kinda F'ed anyway , that + I am a Irish x Dutchman by breed, if we curse ya you pretty much f'ed.
    He returned twice, and the tracker tracked him all the way - bout 8 km to a fruit packing - cold house - remarkable, across tar roads taxi stops, to his house - I mean right to his house, caught him with some sheep and wildlife calves all slaughtered.
    I was not there and only got a name and Kirkwood prison.
    I am fortunate enough to know a bloke who has brothers inside Kirkwood prison. ( Side note*** I hear Aurther from Webbs Arms PE has also been transferred to Kirkwood, security fears were mentioned).

Quote Originally Posted by Dinat View Post
    Thank you for sharing.....I could picture this scenario......and you were one handsome hunter.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Treeman did she kiss you before your legs gave out and you sat down in shock, such a young female eyeballing you.

Good story well told.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3