Banned

Default Possible Impala hunt - feeler for PE area hunters

This is a long shot and may likely not even become available to those reading this, but I need a fall back plan.
    I have about 30 Impala ewes that I have been tasked with hunting. It will be a hunt - drop off walk a area, repeat next area -1.5 days two nights.
    R30 p/kg skin on only. R200 day night etc fee's.
    Catch ? - I work on a you do not miss, you wound system.

I have 6 hunters by default already each taking 2/3 animals, they will likely hunt as can make it this week and next week, thereafter I may just need to do a 3rd week end to get onto the number he requires taken off.
    I think he is prepping for a bad summer.
    Please PM me if interested and I will keep as stand by for 3rd hunt.

Default Re: Possible Impala hunt - feeler for PE area hunters

Quote Originally Posted by treeman View Post
    Catch ? - I work on a you do not miss, you wound system.
    Hi Treeman. Just for interest sake I am wondering. What would the penalty price be on a miss/wound since you work in weight for normal pricing?

Good luck with the hunting it sounds awesome.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Banned

Last year nearly all the animals were 18.?? kg with a few reaching 28 kg - not big animals. It would seem the guys shot what they could more than care full selection of biggest.
    We used 18 kg as the marker and did not have to implement it once - guys are far more careful of taking shots when they responsible for the shot.
    We do not implement system when in groups or able to judge by group consensus - mainly for guys like me that wish to go off on there own alone and shoot (like me). Its also there so there can be no argument by shooter when a hit is called.
    I have not had one phone call few days later from farmer asking about a dead animal found in velt. "do you know of a wounded animal from your hunt ? " - not one yet.
    3/4 years back we had 3 wounded pay for calls one guy.

Understood thanks

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

User

I have a farm in Steytlerville where i am tasked to take off x amount of springbuck a year.I have over a period of 20 years,limited this offer to a group of 6/7 hunters on whom i can count to shoot ethically.
    The aftermath of one early hunt left me with having to shoot several wounded animals after the hunters had gone home.
    In your case Treeman [i know the farm] i would not hesitate in making the hunters pay the price of an animal if he fires a shot,you are responsible and taking a gamble to offer this chance can easily go south without strict rules in place.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by pre 64 View Post
    I have a farm in Steytlerville where i am tasked to take off x amount of springbuck a year.I have over a period of 20 years,limited this offer to a group of 6/7 hunters on whom i can count to shoot ethically.
    The aftermath of one early hunt left me with having to shoot several wounded animals after the hunters had gone home.
    In your case Treeman [i know the farm] i would not hesitate in making the hunters pay the price of an animal if he fires a shot,you are responsible and taking a gamble to offer this chance can easily go south without strict rules in place.
    It works mate - thank you.

User

Thing is with impala,they head for the thick stuff when danger is present.Wounded as well.
    A shot,called a miss,can very easily actually be a marginal hit and if the impala goes 50 or so meters into the thick stuff [Addo thickets] it will be almost impossible to find.
    At least with the Springbuck,you can generally follow their progress for a long long way.

Banned

Packed and walking out the door, lets see how it goes, any hunts a good hunt............

Banned

Got 5 animals between 4 peoples, 22 kg - 24 kg 27kg 28kg 30kg, mine were 24,27,28 kg. Was nice was hard, with the guys it was one shot recover - move find Impala try shoot one - recover - new area.Was a bit on the warm side - worried about meat tonight - predicting 22 Cel ?????