Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    User

Default Bought a Taurus. Again!

This is kind of a confession. I have just bought myself another Taurus handgun. Yes, I have done my research, not on you-tube mind you, and this is the best available for my purposes at present. Works for me, and you guys are just jealous!

No, it is not a G2 or Millenium, I have proper EDC guns, thank you. It is another mod 608. (Aunty Google is your friend.) Always worthwhile to have 2 of the type, as reliability is not their biggest trademark.

The alternatives were a S&W 627 V-Comp (EXPENSIVE!) or a Ruger Redhawk (which I have not seen in SA yet). All 8-shot 357 Mag, of course. This is a dedicated bowling pin shooter. I dislike the short (4") barrel on the Smiff, and the Redhawk comes with a slightly better 5,5" tube. Both are obviously much better guns, and quite a bit more expensive, but I really like the 8 3/8" barrel on the Taurus. It just shoots so well.

This particular revolver was bought used from a friend who is emigrating. He had it specially imported and it was worth the effort. It worked perfectly straight from the box, without any of the normal niggles. Somewhat rare on a Taurus.

So, untill I can get (and afford) a Redhawk (357) or Super GP100 with 7,5" or longer barrel, this one will have to do.

Any suggestions for a comfortable AIWB holster?

User

Default Re: Bought a Taurus. Again!

A Sticky holster should work just fine.

User

Mexican carry is the only way to go

User

It's a Taurus, carry it in your prison wallet.

Banned

Enjoy!

User

And here I thought it was the legendary G2 you bought here on the GS.. The urgent sale, with extra mags?!

Sent from my LG-H930 using Tapatalk

Banned

[QUOTE=A-R;1324400]This is kind of a confession. I have just bought myself another Taurus handgun. Yes,
    Well now that you have that off your chest you can start to heal .

User

AR...We love you on GS and want you to know that,no matter what your orientation is,that you will still have our love and support.
    Having said that,we also hope that this Taurus fetish of yours will only be a passing fad.
    We realise that your hormones are in a turmoil at your age and that a mid life crises can manifest itself in many ways. This recent flaunting of your very dubious purchase is actually a cry for help from the GS community and we recognise it as such.Medical and phycological help is available,just let us know when you are ready for such treatment.
    Again,you can count on our support,we will not judge you and are all willing to help you through this difficult period.

User

You are probably gonna need another one of these

https://www.capeunionmart.co.za/leat...hoCfbIQAvD_BwE

AND when that fails get this

https://www.makro.co.za/home-garden/...00000341194_EA

User

Congratulations A-R.

I have the exact same 608 (in 8 /38") and it is by far my absolute favorite gun in our arsenal.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast