Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    User

Quote Originally Posted by Adoons View Post
    And meat damage is seriously reduced with Interbond vs SST
    Hi Adoons, that would be the expectation (and I'm also an Interbond shooter). Practical experience (a hunting partner uses SSTs exclusively) suggest essentially identical meat damage between the two bullets, for essentially identical shot placement and launch speed/impact speed. However, he knows full well to avoid heavy bone, while I have the added peace of mind (also from experience) that the Interbond penetrates well inder those conditions and keeps together well.

Quote Originally Posted by Skaaphaas View Post
    When my rifle printed two close to each other and one a bit away, the problem was usually to be found in my trigger finger.
    Absolutely found my follow through was short with the help of snapcaps and an observer also that stupid muscle reaction of moving my head slightly after the shot to look over or past the scope at the target

Thanks DS didn't find that info on google just some bits on the rem webpage and lotsa places that sold it

User

Default Re: Remington Accutip any good?

I also must contextualize my previous post: that experience is under Karoo/Vlakte conditions, so shots are generally "longer" (say ~200m) and animals are open / unobscured. For "bush" conditions I fully agree to stick to slow, heavy and strong bullets.

User

The SST is not a strongly designed bullet and is designed to expand rather vigorously. It will be no better in penetration that a standard PMP. At 200m these bullets will actually perform better than closer up.

If you want something that holds together better you will have to find a bonded or mono bullet. Conventional bullets are fine if used within their designed parameters.

Confidence plays a big part in hunting so if you have lost confidence find something else that you think will work in your 308.

Banned

I lost a front quarter of a kudu cow with a 165gr (168gr?) SST from my 308 at 60m. The bullet almost disentegrated on bone and caused massive damage. If I were to use it again I will use it only on head and neck shots.

Banned

You shooting a 308 ? - likely the most uncomplicated caliber/ round/ cartridge ever - if there is a problem its likely the shooter.
    PMP - Hornady - Sierra what ever the 308 with a 165 - 200 gr is just a working tool.
    no flash no mystique no Ferrari results , just a taxi bringing home the results - shoot properly and Duiker to Giraffe will fall.
    The Giraffe used as a stretch for effect.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2