User

Default Very unique animal

I was very fortunate this year to hunt an animal that was on my long term bucket list. It is not something that comes around everyday as value for money it doesn't make sense. Due to the appearance, I got him at a very good price.

It was a very special hunt indeed.

User

Default Re: Very unique animal

Congratulations, beautiful animal.

User

Mooi BRNO daai...

Congratulations! Nice bull. There are lots of small branches and twigs So the hunt could not have been easy. Also impressed that the safety concerns were applied. (action of the rifle is open, every body can see it is safe)

Congratulations.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by knipmes View Post
    Congratulations! Nice bull. There are lots of small branches and twigs So the hunt could not have been easy. Also impressed that the safety concerns were applied. (action of the rifle is open, every body can see it is safe)
    Never thought of that - We do, "rifle safe" - "yes" - show - carry on.
    I think I am going to adopt this for my hunts persons rules. _ Me first thing I saw was hand on the metal - freaks me out beyond reasonable reaction. Do not handle touch metal parts.

Quote Originally Posted by treeman View Post
    Never thought of that - We do, "rifle safe" - "yes" - show - carry on.
    I think I am going to adopt this for my hunts persons rules. _ Me first thing I saw was hand on the metal - freaks me out beyond reasonable reaction. Do not handle touch metal parts.
    I used to ask all the hunters before they got onto the vehicle to open the bolts and leave it like that while on the vehicle. The policy you mentioned can work if you know the others very well. I found that in spite of asking and showing some hunters put ammo in their magazines and in a moment of "not concentrating" close the bolt and chamber a round. I almost had a bullet through my head one day. Almost like in the war. You become very weary around people when they are handling firearms.