Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    User

Default Re: Converting s13 to s16

Simply licence the new gun under Sec 16 - you can use both for SD, SS and hunting in terms of the last sentence in each of Sections 13 - 17 and don't let people tell you that you can't!
    It reads - A firearm in respect of which a licence has been issued in terms of this section may be used where it is safe to use the firearm and for a lawful purpose.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Wells View Post
    Simply licence the new gun under Sec 16 - you can use both for SD, SS and hunting in terms of the last sentence in each of Sections 13 - 17 and don't let people tell you that you can't!
    It reads - A firearm in respect of which a licence has been issued in terms of this section may be used where it is safe to use the firearm and for a lawful purpose.
    +1. This is exactly what I did.

User

Thanks guys ,

I have a glock 43 under s16 ,

I just really wanted the new 48 and thought s13 was a good idea,

User

So just an update , Dealer can in fact take the gun into dealer stock but you have to transfer onto dealer name . you can then reapply under new section for the firearm as if you are buying again .

I decided to trade my 19 for a 48.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Wells View Post
    Thanks for the insight Peter. Good to know.

I heard that some people had their S13 licence rejected if they already had a S15 / 16 Firearm that was the same caliber and type (like a 9mm).

If true, I would imagine it would make it risky if you plan to replace your S13 with a new hand gun and you have an existing S15 of similar type. I am in that boat as I have a Sig 229 as my S13 and a Glock 26 as my S15. Now if I want to replace my Sig with a new handgun, it will make it difficult to justify unless I also offload the Glock. My understanding is that I cannot get rid of the Sig and transfer the Glock into the S13 without being unarmed for a period of time while the Glock is re-licenced as a S13.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2