Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    User

Default Converting s13 to s16

So I have a glock 19 as my self defence firearm , license expiring middle of October.
    I purposely did not re apply as i want a new firearm(glock 48) as my s13.

Thought i would let the license lapse then book it into a gun store and reapply for it as a s16.

Problem is now the gun store says i cannot book into dealer stock once licence expires , is this accurate ? and if so any ideas to achieve my goal.

Tia.

Banned

Default Re: Converting s13 to s16

Reapply right now for a S16 if your DFO would allow it. I am not exactly sure how the last court cases influenced late applications.

By the time you get the S16 license, you can just apply for a S13 for the G48.

User

90 days have lapsed. Lock it in the safe and wait for the court cases to clear.

I renewed my sec 13 with 10 days left of the so called 90 days, got my approval sms just waiting for my card, this was last year october. Seems they apply the rules selectively

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

User

Sign it over to the gun store BEFORE the licence lapses.

Are you unarmed for the duration of the processing?

Quote Originally Posted by jason75 View Post
    I renewed my sec 13 with 10 days left of the so called 90 days, got my approval sms just waiting for my card, this was last year october. Seems they apply the rules selectively

You sure they approved it. As you dont have card yet?
    Or did your sms say application has been finalized.

I renewed in about maybe May 2018. Was approved in 3 or 4 weeks. Received card about 3 weeks later. Mine expired end September 2018 only. I went way before the 90 days.

Got the approval sms

SAPS msg: Renewal R9926335 for calibre .40 S&W s/n UZD*** was issued. SAPS will notify when the license can be collected.

Done a renewal in the 90 days and was fine. Approved and got the card. Not the optimal but was an error on my part that landed me in the 90 days.

User

Thanks for all the replies guys , I usually only get time in the evenings to reply.

Im going to apply for section 16 and see what happens.

User

My DFO tells me he can capture and process a renewal right up to 1 minute before midnight on the date of expiry. A minute later the system won't accept it.

Those who have been turned away within the 90 day period have been screwed over. Nothing new there.

You have 2 choices: Either book it into dealer stock or renew, both BEFORE the expiry date. Thereafter, both are impossible for now.

If you do insist on changing form S13 to S16, booking it into dealer stock may be a good idea. Be sure to get stamped (by DFO) copy of the SAPS534 form. It may take a considerable time to actually get the change of ownership reflected on the CFR's "system".

Personally, I would not do a change between section, simply because the FCA does not provide a process for that. With a new application you always have the risk of refusal, or some other administrative blunder. In the meantime you are unarmed...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast