Default Pre-PFTC training.

Hey guys

so got 2 questions and hoping someone can help out:

1) The pre-pftc training (i.e sasseta and those before PFTC was setup) is that still valid? Or would one need to re-do training and not able to use the old certificates.

2) If someone had a competency and it expired. would you try to do a renewal or a new competency?

thanks guys

User

Default Re: Pre-PFTC training.

Quote Originally Posted by phant1m View Post
    Hey guys

so got 2 questions and hoping someone can help out:

1) The pre-pftc training (i.e sasseta and those before PFTC was setup) is that still valid? Or would one need to re-do training and not able to use the old certificates.
    While the certificates are valid for life, the CFR have in their wisdom cancelled the accreditation of SASSETA. So SAPS won't accept your certificates. You can however use the SASSETA certificate(s) to do RPL "training", meaning you will get a new PFTC "statement of results" certificate. There will be cash involved.

Quote Originally Posted by phant1m View Post
    2) If someone had a competency and it expired. would you try to do a renewal or a new competency?

thanks guys
    Just renew it. Competency certificates can be renewed after expiry.

User

Also check with the South African Qualifications Authority, if your SASSETA trainer uploaded your results, as they should have, you can ask the for certificates from the of the unit standards that you passed.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

User

Quote Originally Posted by A-R View Post
    Just renew it. Competency certificates can be renewed after expiry.
    Don't you need accredited certificates and a PFTC Statement of Results to renew your competency ?
    Or can someone renew their competency with SASSETA certificates and no SOR ?

User

Quote Originally Posted by Nyt Ryda View Post
    Don't you need accredited certificates and a PFTC Statement of Results to renew your competency ?
    No. Only PFTC SOR will do.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyt Ryda View Post
    Or can someone renew their competency with SASSETA certificates and no SOR ?
    Definitely not. Remember my statment about SASSETA not being accredited anymore, just a few post back? It still stands.

User

I am aware of several renewals that have been done with SASSETA certs, without SOR.

User

Did my competency renewal couple of months back with only SASSETA certificate without SOR