Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    User

Default 9mm Replica no license guns that fire blanks

HI all - please advise me on the various 9mm replicas available on a South African website - which claims you do not require a firearms license for these replicas even though it take 9mm cartridges that fire blanks and or pepper shots

The website in question is https://selfdefenceblankguns.co.za/#1515670917550

it seems from the site that you do not need a license to these

My mate was told by the seller which was not the website but a private seller who bought from the website the following "Yes it has everything a real gun has if you remove the barrel sleeve it will shoot a bullet"

In terms of a definition of a firearm that it complies to at least 2 points below
    I contacted 2 of our local firearms dealers who warned me to stay away from these as they are of the opinion they are borderline illegal

The FCA defines a fire arm as
    Definition of Firearm

The FCA adopts a broad definition of “firearm,” which includes
    • any device that can “propel a bullet or projectile through a barrel or cylinder by means of burning propellant, at a muzzle energy exceeding 8 joules (6 ft-lbs)”;
    • anything with the capacity to “to discharge rim-fire, centre-fire or pin-fire ammunition”;
    • any device that can be “readily altered” to be any of the above-listed firearms;
    • any device designed to discharge any projectile of at least .22 calibre at a muzzle energy of more than 8 joules (6 ft-lbs), by means of compressed gas; or
    • any barrel, frame, or receiver of a device mentioned above.[14]

Can someone with knowledge please advise on the legality on these guns and the ammunition
    d19f6f7f-9d3b-4042-8831-e2023ceffab0 (2).jpg293551bf-0c1e-4dff-8d54-0cde4c442598.jpg6414ca4a-f1f3-4a2e-bea0-7deff105caaa.jpg

User

Default Re: 9mm Replica no license guns that fire blanks

Hi drandall, IIRC, this has been discussed at length in the recent past on this forum, but over and above the (il)legalities, these products serve no legitimate practical purpose other than to get the user and/or their loved ones into life-threatening trouble in real-world self defence situations, and should be steered clear of.

User

I like their "Glock Camo 9mm replica" that must be the new Gen 6 Glock hammer model!!

Never mind the guns, the ammo is insanely expensive and looks very much like it had a primer which I believe you need a licensee to possess

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

User

I would report this to the local SAPS DFO if I were you. That looks completely and totally illegal.

User
    In the middle of two mountains, between two oceans.

R50 a pop, nah rather go the extra mile and get a box of Rangers

User

I wish these guys would stop putting peoples lives in danger and on the wrong side of the law.

As much use as pulling out an replica Airsoft pistol or rifle. Or a Co2 powered pellet pistol.
    Might look the part. But the moment you pull the trigger and the guy realizes what it is. You might at that point need to make sure your medical aid and life polices are paid up.

Couple of months back there was video on N24 news of the security guy pulled a paintball rifle on a guy think in CPT. And got the crap beaten out of him by not only the guy but a crowd of people.

What people seem to not understand, is that the moment you draw a firearm, you escalate the force to “deadly”. The attacker, if he doesn’t run away, is now faced with a deadly weapon and he will do his best to kill you in order to not get killed himself.

It is crucial that gun owners understand and accept this fact. That when the gun comes out, it is now a fight for your life. (Of course it may have been a fight for your life before that, as well).

Thing is, it’s the same with these “replica” guns. You draw that, the attacker doesn’t back off. Now what? Now you’re in a fight for your life, with a toy in your hand.
    And the guys that sell these things simply keep on doing so.

As to the legalities, yep, there are definitely issues with it. Steer clear. For a myriad of reasons.

User

No you disable him for 20 minutes with a pepper bullet.

These are just popping up everywhere and everyone is making a quick buck out of them till SHTF. As if we don't have enough things to worry about, we now have this as well

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast