Page 18 of 26 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast
    my heart at the sea and my soul in the mountains

Default Re: NATIONAL HEALTH INSURANCE.... the final reason to get out soon

How will they register people ? Using the corruption riddled home affairs ID Card as proof. Then we will have ghost patients being churned out of approved practises by the horde. We will have professional patients with multiple IDs at multiple areas all collecting chronic medicines and then selling it .

Right now it is estimated that more than 50% of the drugs that leave the depot to the end point are lost ! As we discuss this we see numerous out of stock issues at state and these are filled by private sector.
    What happens after NHI?
    live out your imagination , not your history.

If the Government had the capacity for forward thinking then they could have granted licenses for private hospitals ( for which there many applicants) with the proviso that they open a primary health clinic in a rural area.
    I had also gave in a written submission that every private pharmacy be given an extended license to operate one satellite dispensary in a township or rural area a small fixed location or a mobile dispensary. This idea was shot down and I think to this day that it would alleviate the lack of services in RSA in a working model of Private / State partnership.

I would like to have clarity on how will the President on RSA will receive routine treatment once the NHI is in place.

I don't object to NHI, I don't object to contributing to it. But I object like hell to having my medical aid taken away and being forced to use their system.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit: occidentis telum est.

Seneca (4 BC - 65 AD)

User

Quote Originally Posted by Wanderin' Zero View Post
    I don't object to NHI, I don't object to contributing to it. But I object like hell to having my medical aid taken away and being forced to use their system.

We already contribute to a non functioning health system via our taxes and now we hope that by contributing more to NHI that will be administered by the same department that somehow it will be better?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

Once again the ANC fails at uplifting the poor but rather bringing down the rich and middle class (people who can afford medical aid)
    But with their track record lately who knows, I mean they are all talk and all about who is fighting who, land expropriation has not happened, nuclear power has not happened, and in less than 6 months that cowardice Ramaphosa will probably ousted by the ANC and replaced with another skelm and everyone will have forgotten about the NHI and move on to some other wild idea... for now im gonna enjoy the ride.

The ICPA conference is currently underway:
    Zweli Mkhize @ ICPA
    NHI bill is constitutionally sound.
    Pharmacies need to be GPP compliant, and be in possesion of the necessary Health Standard certificates.
    E-Prescribing will be utilised in NHI for efficiency
    NHI will rely on technology - cutting out manual entries - reducing errors, ability to identify stock shortages and supply alternates. NHI fund will enter into contracts with accredited suppliers.
    Formulary will include EDL
    Opportunity to attract more pharmaceutical manufacturers locally to improve supply
    Demographics will play a role in allocations

There is so much bullshit here I want to puke.

1. A pharmacy cannot operate without GPP in the first place.
    2. Look at the extremely expensive paperless system they put into Luthuli that has gone back to paper.
    3. A computer system cannot prevent theft or make substitution without the alternative being available .
    4.EDL ( essential drug list ) has been around since apartheid days and still facilities cannot supply even paracetamol.
    5. The ONLY One that will get tenders will be the state owned one being planned.
    6. BEE at a level never seen before.

In the end health care overall quality will go down the tubes.
    Last edited by KK20; 17-08-2019 at 13:26.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Davidc View Post
    We already contribute to a non functioning health system via our taxes and now we hope that by contributing more to NHI that will be administered by the same department that somehow it will be better?

Spot on!

User

So like everyone else who’s posted on this thread, when I heard of NHI being confirmed, I had the exact same thought processes! I’m so glad I wasn’t the only one or wasn’t being a “doomsday prepped.” I’m just under 30 years old, I have an honours degree and I am at the tail end of starting my own business, wife is a teacher, not working atm, got an 18 month old and she’s 8 months pregnant with our second one.

I am setting up meetings next week with immigration agents. I have everything to lose (financially, family, emotional attachments, lifestyle), but I am done. NHI was the cherry on the top that influenced my decision to make this happen. Whether or not it succeeds isn’t important or relevant to me right now. But it’s a sign of intent from our government. They’ve declared war on us. And for the sake of my child, unborn child and future offspring, I have to jump ship. There is no salvation, no hope at the end of this tunnel, the writings on the wall guys. We make the sacrifice in every way so that we can live a better life elsewhere and that future generations have better opportunities. There is nothing for them left here. Tomorrow, we die. Our problems are over. Theirs just begin. I can’t have that on my conscience whilst I’m alive.

Am I being dramatic and overreacting? Or are we all the same page here? I need some sanity and clarity!

User

Quote Originally Posted by Luqi91 View Post
    Am I being dramatic and overreacting? Or are we all the same page here? I need some sanity and clarity!

No

Yes, it certainly seems most are on that page.

For me it is to late, but certainly getting my two children set up to leave soon, as sad as it makes me.

Just to make you all feel a little better.

Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit: occidentis telum est.

Seneca (4 BC - 65 AD)

Page 18 of 26 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast