Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast
    my heart at the sea and my soul in the mountains

Default Re: NATIONAL HEALTH INSURANCE.... the final reason to get out soon

It is a pity that when developments take place on a particular matter and when old threads are resurrected the horde will add nothing but shout down the person that posted on an old thread irrespective of its relevance.
    Many post on the NHI exist and it would have been good to have one thread and a nice time line of developments.

The drive for the NHI more to destroy private health and to control it than to improve public health.
    live out your imagination , not your history.

Quote Originally Posted by Glockster View Post
    Lawd help us... I dunno whether to laugh, cry or fucking kill myself before they lay their healing hands on me.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&sour...66293236101296
    This article didn't mention the ones that got pregnant...

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit: occidentis telum est.

Seneca (4 BC - 65 AD)

https://retailbriefafrica.co.za/nhi-...-system-sappf/

" Dr Chris Archer, SAPPF CEO, said that “by implementing this model in an environment which is not able to afford a very comprehensive NHI service basket, it will lead to the majority of South Africans having less access to comprehensive health services than is currently the case in both the Public and Private Sectors. This would not be the progressive realisation of healthcare that is demanded by our constitution. All indications have suggested that the service basket would be adapted to the available budget, which could lead to an ever-shrinking set of services being made available to users.”
    Last edited by KK20; 19-08-2019 at 17:00.

User

I heard a rumour that this NHI is being sponsored/pushed by George Soros and the Clinton Foundation. Would not surprise me one little bit...

User

Not surprised at the above, could prove interesting research.

Myself as far as medical goes, pay as you go for me. Medical aids are very expensive and every year I see less benefits for more money. Share holders are happy enough though.

There are some serious flaws with the way medical aids in this country operate, go to the optometrist and you can get designer frames for big money, much more than the lenses are worth, stuff your vision, just look cool. And medical aid forks out for it.

Then try get a R100 bottle of medication you really need, your local pharmacy has it, but no, it gets couriered to an approved pharmacy for triple the price.

I can go on but the bottom line is the model is in dire need of restructuring to some degree.

AS for NHI, well that's only ever going to be a cluster.

Today I was approached by Pharmacy students from UKZN with a 4th year project questionnaire. How does pharmacy integrate into the NHI. Instead of jacking up the standards for the profession they are indoctrinating the new graduates with Party Political shit.

Sean about the optom, you are not quite correct. They have a capped amount on services and the private optom is the one that gets squeezed out of all blood. In fact RSA optom sector is sick and corrupt as the administrator is also the competitor in the retail market.

About courier pharmacy they make more money by selling many drugs per script given away at cost because there is a deal between the medical aid to pay for cost of drug plus a fee per line that is approx 60 to 90 rand per line.
    So for every 10 items they make 900 over and above dispensing fee and drug cost. Add to this the courier is their company that gets paid for this. So a 15 rand antibiotic is actually costing the medical aid MUCH more than if you had to get from a local pharmacy. It is corruption at corporate level.

According to Dr Anban Pillay, the NHI will give people the freedom to use any service provider of their choice as stated in an interview. My experience with him is that he will lie for the department and will refuse to answer any question from the floor.

The Govt is basically nationalising private infrastructure to make up for what they ought to have provided and failed to do so.

I have stated this earlier that this NHI discussion was an on going one here on GS and it is a great pity that we have numerous threads and this being the most recent unfortunately has a very bad title. The issue being that I object vehemently to this NHI matter but I want to distance myself from the doom and gloom of running from RSA.
    Last edited by KK20; 23-08-2019 at 21:34.

My guess is that if you don't agree with the "consolidation" of health services in SA, you'll be branded a racist.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Springer View Post
    My guess is that if you don't agree with the "consolidation" of health services in SA, you'll be branded a racist.
    Pretty much what Cyril said yes. Opponents of NHI are against transformation - Ramaphosahttps://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/News/opponents-of-nhi-are-against-transformation-ramaphosa-20190822?shared via @News24

User

Spacing not working on mobile

Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast