Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast
    my heart at the sea and my soul in the mountains

Default Re: NATIONAL HEALTH INSURANCE.... the final reason to get out soon

Looking forward to it.
    live out your imagination , not your history.

User

This thread, like many others regarding SA, is a strange one.
    It's clear to many the path we are on, but it seems the response is "meh".
    It's like falling off a building, going "so far so good".

User

Default NATIONAL HEALTH INSURANCE.... the final reason to get out soon

Quote Originally Posted by Messor View Post
    This thread, like many others regarding SA, is a strange one.
    It's clear to many the path we are on, but it seems the response is "meh".
    It's like falling off a building, going "so far so good".
    Serious question.

What do you suggest we do?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Grobbie; 10-09-2019 at 11:58.

User

^^^Ditto.

It certainly doesn't help that the official opposition is too small to (realistically) get enough support to become the ruling party. To my mind, this then means that a coalition is the only route to overthrowing the cANCer party.... and, as we know, coalitions the world over have their own issues!

my heart at the sea and my soul in the mountains

I did think coalition to oust the ANC but now maybe it is better to let them fuck it up entirely themselves.
    live out your imagination , not your history.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Grobbie View Post
    Serious question.

What do you suggest we do?
    Well, I don’t know what you are supposed to do, I also don’t think there is anything that can be done.
    We have too many people and not enough money, this is not a balance that can be corrected by any modern law or policy, or political party for that matter. We be going down, hard, no other way. I also think most people here will not die of natural causes, maybe myself included, I think this country will see famine and death.

My post rather reflected on how people perceive things. Where I live all I see is desperate housewives driving to coffee shops and spending money they don’t work for. I think many people in SA should go and visit zim, buy their groceries there etc, maybe get a taste for how things will become. I think for many not knowing or understanding what is coming is removing them from reality.

Maybe people should switch off their power, not buy groceries for a month, not go to a doctor and not drink their regular prescription medicine, not use a flushing toilet, and no showers or baths, see what is what. If people actually did this then you would see a LOT more people running from SA like a stampede in a soccer stadium. But as is, people are like “meh”, still living the good life, until the power goes out, and then reality will hit them hard.

The anc will see this through, they are communists.
    Communists doesn’t care about people, they care about staying in power.
    Look where mugabe died, in the country he f@cked up, nope, there is no better example than that.
    I also think people will keep voting anc, no matter how bad things get, that is our current reality.

Only 2 choices, the best thing the people of this country can do is not pay the NHI, the small business man or big corporate company alike, and then government can take the whole of SA to court. Will that happen, no, second best is if you are a wealthy person, leave, take your money from SA, don’t let them steal it, don’t feed the monster.

User

If I missed it in this thread. Just think about the following for a second to realize the impact on GP's specifically.

They will be forced to see patients in their area. So at the end of the day the GP's consulting rooms will look like the state clinic. There will be prescribed tariffs, meaning the Dr's supplying services will have a cut to their income and their way of life. Do you think the neurosurgeon will downgrade from his Porsche to golf? No they will pack up and go work out of country.

What do we have left after a few years. Overcrowded private practices which, even if you do have your own medical aid will also put you in a queue unless ( and I highly doubt we will see a lot of these) there are Dr's that take a gamble and do not subscribe under the NHI program (which I gather/foresee from the NHI Bill, they will be forced to subscribe to). But they too will be over run in a short while.

This is not just going to cause a mass exodus of professionals leaving the country across the entire workforce, but this will also mean that the very people that are being counted on to foot the bill of the NHI will be taking their 2 cents with them.

Again who sits with the problems? The middle class. We will be taxed beyond comprehension and be forced to use a lack luster system (queue all SOE's) and foot the bill to bail them out once the cadres have ransacked all.

So in short. This country is FUBAR.

User

In response to the above and people taking their 2c with them.

I moved from Durban to Cape Town about 5 years ago - there were only a few houses for sale in the neighborhood we liked back then.
    Now there are 2 houses for sale in our road & 40 in the neighbourhood!!!

User

*** NHI Bill: Phaahla hails it as 'revolutionary legislation', but opposition parties disagree | News24

According to the bill, the NHI fund will cover South Africans of all races, rich or poor, as well as legal, long-term residents. There will be one pool of healthcare funding for private and public healthcare providers alike.
    The bill seeks to "create mechanisms for the equitable, effective and efficient utilisation of the fund's resources to meet users' health needs".
    When people visit healthcare facilities, the idea is that the NHI Fund will cover the costs of medical care in the same way medical aids pay for their members. According to the bill, South Africans will no longer be required to contribute directly to a medical health scheme for quality healthcare.
    The NHI Fund will be funded from general taxes and monthly contributions by employees to the fund. Employers will assist the NHI Fund by ensuring that their workers' contributions are collected and submitted, in a similar manner to UIF contributions.

NHI Bill passes in Parliament: ANC politicians & tenderpreneurs a step closer to loot:

*** The SA Medical Association (SAMA) does not support the NHI Bill in its current form as there are concerns about the provision of healthcare services to patients in the country.

SAMA rejects NHI Bill in its current form | News24

Health Care Wait Times | Fraser Institute

Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast