Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Banned

Default Guns and ammo missing from police departments

4300+ firearms and 9,5 million rounds reported as missing in tonight's news.

User

Default Re: Guns and ammo missing from police departments

Considering I heard someone offer police 9mm rounds for R1 each a few weeks ago, not that surprised.

User

And people were thinking the terrorists were going to buy ammo for their R400 training.

User

Just a note.

I shoot regularly at the JMPD, Cecil Payne shooting range, Maraisburg, Johannesburg. The 9mmP brass the Metro and SAPS train with are specifically marked JMPD. Below is example I found on the range. Not reloadable.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

User

Do you know have much is 9.5m rounds? In the region of 28.5 tons. Will take 6 or 7 SA Army SAMIL 100's to carry. How much ammo did the SAPS order vs usage for Maintenance shoots vs the paper work filled for logistical accounting?

Here is where I think the problem is. Logistical Accounting. Not saying ammo dont get lost or stolen, but 9.5m rounds?

Sent from my SM-J530F using Tapatalk

User

Quote Originally Posted by flyinggun View Post
    Do you know have much is 9.5m rounds? In the region of 28.5 tons. Will take 6 or 7 SA Army SAMIL 100's to carry. How much ammo did the SAPS order vs usage for Maintenance shoots vs the paper work filled for logistical accounting?

Here is where I think the problem is. Logistical Accounting. Not saying ammo dont get lost or stolen, but 9.5m rounds?

It is over a few years.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Gleock View Post
    It is over a few years.
    How much rounds of ammo is in use in the SAPS that is not in the stores and for which there is no expenditure certificates because 50k policeman is carrying 30 rounds of 9mm.

I have seen 9.5m rounds of ammo together and it just do not just disappear. I know that paperwork disappear and have had to answer questions on missing ammo because of paper work.

User

How much rounds of ammo is in use in the SAPS that is not in the stores and for which there is no expenditure certificates because 50k policeman is carrying 30 rounds of 9mm.

I have seen 9.5m rounds of ammo together and it just do not just disappear. I know that paperwork disappear and have had to answer questions on missing ammo because of paper work.

I'm sure issued ammo is tracked.
    There are 1138 police stations according to Wikipedia.
    That's only 8000 rounds per station that is missing over a few years.
    Or
    63 rounds missing per cop in the last year, basically 15 rounds a year over 4 years.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Gleock View Post
    I'm sure issued ammo is tracked.
    There are 1138 police stations according to Wikipedia.
    That's only 8000 rounds per station that is missing over a few years.
    Or
    63 rounds missing per cop in the last year, basically 15 rounds a year over 4 years.
    How much ammo is the SAPS procuring per year?

There you have it. Paperwork issue. Young kids just finished studying BCom works for AG and does audits.

Counts stock on hand vs stock on books and reports missing ammo. Had it happen to on more then 1 occasion during 20 plus years as a Logiatical Officer.

Currently I got around 10k of 9mm ammo issued, waiting to be shot out, but not "accounted" for on the books per se. Can only be accounted for after everything was shot out as the paperwork is for 10k of ammo.

User

How much ammo is the SAPS procuring per year?

There you have it. Paperwork issue. Young kids just finished studying BCom works for AG and does audits.

Counts stock on hand vs stock on books and reports missing ammo. Had it happen to on more then 1 occasion during 20 plus years as a Logiatical Officer.

Currently I got around 10k of 9mm ammo issued, waiting to be shot out, but not "accounted" for on the books per se. Can only be accounted for after everything was shot out as the paperwork is for 10k of ammo.

If that's the case then I don't see how you control it, you cannot have stock issued, but not issued on paperwork somewhere.
    It's basic accounting and if it is done the way you are describing I have no doubt 9.5m rounds are missing, because the system is open for abuse.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast