Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: 223 vs 22-250

Default Re: 223 vs 22-250

Quote Originally Posted by Koebelwagen View Post
    Now, buy some 53/ 55gr Barnes TSX bullets, load with Hodgdon Varget to anything between 3000 and 3400FPS and enjoy having a flat shooting, accurate rifle that punches above its weight if you choose your shots well.

I have taken 6 Impala, 2 jackal and a couple of monkeys with my CZ527 in .223Rem. Furthest shot was 287M on an impala ram and he fell right where he was standing after taking a shot through the neck vertebra where the neck joins the shoulder. Even at that distance the bullet basically shattered the vertebra and exited on the far side. I would have no problem taking on jackal way past the 200M mark, they are much softer boned and far easier to kill than impala.
    Will save that concoction for when its releading time, hopefully soon , the moneys, baboons and jackals need to start worrying cause im ready for them soon

Default Re: 223 vs 22-250

Finally since buying my Sako 85 222rem in October 2018 got to shoot it this weekend.
    Took 6 months to get onto dealer.

Shot this 3 shot group with it at 100m. With Ase Utra SL5 fitted.
    The bottom hole is wider as its where 2 went on top of each other.
    Did not want to try 5 as this looked to nice at this point.
    After this photo I had to rush to do RO duty on Shotgun range
    I just loaded 20 Rounds to go sight in at our 100m club range.
    Will this Saturday take it to 500m range and shoot more at 100 and 200 to see what happens. I loaded the start load as per Somchem with S341.
    Also want to try some Sierra 52gr. As the Ballistic tip I cant load to Lands. As it will then not fit my mag.

Im impressed. Lets hope the rifle stays this way and that this was not a once off. LOL

Attachment 30845

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4