Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    User

Default Re: More than 4 000 police service guns lost in past six years - FFPlus

Sadly the upsurge in reports of mislaid state firearms is not as positive as it seems, it is a bit more sinister.

I have learned that the fucktards that tried to sneak through microdotting legislation a few years ago are at it again, this time trying to close microdotting and a peculiar bullshit gps tracking deal (that only work with a torch battery, if it is connected) with the concerned state institutions behind closed doors, and driving this all from both sides, the leaks and revelations about the state's loss of control over it's arsenals.

If you think this is a far fetched conspiracy theory, you have not thought it through, and have not realized the billions of rands that would be changing hands if this rolls out.

ya, that is with a "b".

Bottom line, somebody's tooling up and someone wants us disarmed. Communism anyone ?

Quote Originally Posted by mike.p View Post
    Bottom line, somebody's tooling up and someone wants us disarmed. Communism anyone ?
    You need to tone down on your posts.
    Sent electronically, thus not signed.

User

Quote Originally Posted by ARM505 View Post
    Is there a way, or reliable source for the balance between civilian and police firearm losses? GFSA and the usual morons always like to beat private firearms owners with that stick about 'losing' our guns, when the reality is that the police and military are, and will remain probably the most viable source regardless of any limits on private firearm ownership.
    Remember that state firearms lost by municipalities, sanparks,etc are counted under the heading of "civilian".

User

Quote Originally Posted by Springer View Post
    Kind of negates the famous: "if your gun was there, so were you" line, doesn't it. Pretty ironic, as the police are never there when you need them...
    It means the Police is at scene 90% of the time when a gun related crime is committed:)

User

Quote Originally Posted by curious george View Post
    Remember that state firearms lost by municipalities, sanparks,etc are counted under the heading of "civilian".
    Thanks for that, I didn't know - yet another way statistics are twisted.

User

Anyone read that Durban metro audit from a few years back

They were still finding R1s at state hospitals................

There is no control, because there is no accountability. How is it that my uncle can remember his troop and rifle number?
    Because if he lost his rifle or service pistol, where would he have ended up?

I will bet that some cops go for a few months before even reporting their gun missing, that's if its even reported at all

Durban metro (in the Audit) didn't even have an armory register, some on duty cops had no bullets in their guns.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Piet vWdVries View Post
    Sadly the upsurge in reports of mislaid state firearms is not as positive as it seems, it is a bit more sinister.

I have learned that the fucktards that tried to sneak through microdotting legislation a few years ago are at it again, this time trying to close microdotting and a peculiar bullshit gps tracking deal (that only work with a torch battery, if it is connected) with the concerned state institutions behind closed doors, and driving this all from both sides, the leaks and revelations about the state's loss of control over it's arsenals.

If you think this is a far fetched conspiracy theory, you have not thought it through, and have not realized the billions of rands that would be changing hands if this rolls out.

ya, that is with a "b".
    It is rather disturbing how much of this law making process has been taken out of the public space where it should be discussed, and driven into secretive committees. Invariably these consist of people captured by anti-gun agencies. I believe this is what happens at the Civilian Secretariat for Police. A hodge-podge of poor legislation was constructed and passed on, to be rubber-stamped by parliament. Much of the time MP's don't even know what clauses were inserted into a new bill. Doesn't really matter, the members have to vote on party lines or they are out.

User

I Can not find the article now, but last year, or maybe 2017, it was said that SANDF can not account for 115,000 of the 260,000 firarms... My numbers might be slightly wrong, but it was nearly half of their small arms were 'missing' it does not mention ammunition from what I recall... long and short though, is that it is a LOT more than the 4300 dick tracey is responsible for... and it includes full auto rifles such as the ones use in C.I.T heists, and other armed robberies.... the guns that legal owners can not have...

Oh yeah, I digewss... it is the legal gun owners supplying weapons to the underworld in South Africa...

User

Quote Originally Posted by fkritzinger View Post
    I Can not find the article now, but last year, or maybe 2017, it was said that SANDF can not account for 115,000 of the 260,000 firarms... My numbers might be slightly wrong, but it was nearly half of their small arms were 'missing' it does not mention ammunition from what I recall... long and short though, is that it is a LOT more than the 4300 dick tracey is responsible for... and it includes full auto rifles such as the ones use in C.I.T heists, and other armed robberies.... the guns that legal owners can not have...

Oh yeah, I digewss... it is the legal gun owners supplying weapons to the underworld in South Africa...
    all those nutria brown R4s
    liberated the same time MK combatants became generals

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2