Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Banned

Default Re: reading .22 grouping

[QUOTE=Basie2;1327579]Treeman, it was previously suggested, on another thread, that to get decent groups, you should weigh the rounds and classify them accordingly. This was for SK Standard. Maybe this might show you a direction as to why, from the same box, you get two distinct groups. I did this with American Eagle and you would be surprise in the weight difference. I discard this ammo (let the young ones have fun with it) rather than frustrate me.
    MMMnnn yea, this I could try even if just for interest sake. Perhaps the bullets are slightly different in weight as per my theory. Just make two piles over and under a certain weight - two containers ??? could be onto something.
    Always looking for a gun thing to do try .

User

you also saying that you open the boxes, and mix them before shooting... so you do not actually know if you getting the 2 groups from 1 box or not...

Perhaps worth a try to just shoot from 1 box at a time, and see if you still get split groups. It could very well be linked to 2 machines in same production floor, or even 2 different production run inner packs from different batches in one party pack...

Hi Treeman

I have not had joy with the Remington Thunderbolts in my BRNO Mod2 or in my Ruger 10/22 - the stuff just refuses to group. I can even see larger groups with it out of my Hammerli 218 (target handgun) - where ammo is normally the least deciding factor.

SK, S&B (Std Vel) and CCI Std Vel are my go to favorites when accuracy is required - Eley TenX when it is serious competition time. I have chewed through the Thunderbolts using the 10/22 on steel challenge type shooting, and vowed to not buy them again - if there is any alternative.

Banned

Sweet, please accept the term group very "generally" speaking, a match box size group for 15 or so shots, and another a inch and a half lower same kinda thing. The Guerrillas shoot a R5 coin at 30 m for all 30 shots.
    So yea by now means a I am satisfied group, but good enough to hit 2 x 3 inch steel out to 30 m when playing games. We play silly fun games on farm - like 5 target hanging in trees at night small targets, The guy with torch holds torch like a guy having a leak - he puts his feet together and has to shuffle with out lifting feet right around in circle. Shooter has to take out as many targets as he can as light passes target area in front of shooter only.Piece of line tied to lowest point across range and corner of house roof at shooter,a curtain runner roller type and a tin can full of sand. Try that for shooting a lot.
    The Thunderbolts are also good enough for the free hand fun with revolvers.
    The Swartklip and S&B, Federals definitely shoot far more almost one hole representations.
    I am curious about the weighing and sorting suggestion.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2