Banned

Default Cheap steel targets for small calibers

for the point 22 shooters - a lil tip - ask your mechanic for old disk pads ( the replaceable part of disk breaks - the shoes).
    They already have two hanging wholes, and the metal hold up to 9 mm hits, spray them white and hang them as steel targets. You can also put a stick through the holes and stand them on the ground - cheap throw away steel targets.

User

Default Re: Cheap steel targets for small calibers

Go to a waterjet / plasma cutter and get the drop outs - I pay R8/kg, and when they are abused enough I sell them for scrap at slightly less...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Grim View Post
    Go to a waterjet / plasma cutter and get the drop outs - I pay R8/kg, and when they are abused enough I sell them for scrap at slightly less...
    Why --- just collect my old disk pads - the do not even ding with a .22, never get battered - cost nothing do not have to order coll - nothing. I leave them on the farms and they do not matter.
    I recon nearly halve of mine are nicked by mates - does not matter, my mechanic fills a 5 lt drum in a week and I got more.

User

Thanks for the tip.

User

I have a CNC profile cutter (oxyfuel) and a good couple of tons of scrap and drop outs..... and yet I still go shoot at those silly little IDPA paper targets instead, maybe thats why I always suck at hitting a popper in a match.......