Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    User

Default Re: What is the way of dealing with heart beat when target shooting

Now look at the Taran picture again?

User

Would this work in higher calibre rifles such as used for dangerous game as well?

User

Quote Originally Posted by pblaauw View Post

Now look at the Taran picture again?
    tx , that helps

Banned

Got that - actually about where I do - I imagined a bit more above. Thats in hollow.
    Regardless !!!!! how does that position assist the reduction of heart beat in scope picture.

User

It's hard to explain in a paragraph something that was taught to us over a 5hr theory session by a instructor. Chin vs Cheek is veins, movement, heartbeat etc. The thumb vs grip is about control of the trigger vs twisting the rifle, and the shoulder is about control vs the soft shoulder pocket. It's only 3 of the 5 fundamentals. There's still other items like sight picture, breathing etc that needs to be taken in to account.

Banned

It depends largely on your position, generally the tighter and more stable your position the more likely you are to encounter heartbeats interfering with your shooting. Its very subtle and pretty much only noticable when you hold your breath.
    Assuming you are in a very good position like prone supported, your weapon is stable. No or very limited horizontal swaying.
    When you breathe, your reticle will sway with your breath, up down, up down.
    When you hold your breath, your reticle settles. It no longer bobs up and down with your breath. This is where you will see the reticle jump a milimeter or two every few momments, in sync with your heartbeat. Its very minute. And the reticle will settle back to its original point after every beat if your position is good. Usually you don’t have to care about it but it largely depends on a lot of factors especially target size.
    ​Not mine - off net. Helped me understand a few things -

Some excellent technique tips on this thread - thanks for asking the question - Treeman!

User

What parts of your body transfers the most of the heartbeat? I assume the chest/shoulder.

I see a lot of wobble from my heartbeat. Will try some of the recommendations in this thread tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Banned

I actually found on this topic that Google was very helpful - usually I use gunsite and google the gaps and peripherals. This is actually one of the subjects that can be covered almost A-z of the theory by You Tube and USA forums.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3