Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    User

Default Re: First 9mm and cant decide between Glock 19 gen 3 and Gen 5

Honestly you cannot go wrong with either. I prefer the Gen3 but that's just me.

As you have the opportunity to shoot them both side by side do so. But both are excellent and will serve you well.

If I were in your shoes I would buy the Gen3 and put the 3K toward good training, holster and ammo.

User

To me the most noticeable difference between the Gen3 and Gen4 was the pistols grip. Which will come down to personal preference. I'd go with the one that is the most comfortable in your hand when shooting. Both are excellent and as Steven65 has said, R3K can go along way towards buying ammo, holster ext. I bought the Gen4 simply because at the time I could get it for R500 more than the Gen3 and I preferred the Gen4's grip. Had the difference been R3K, I'd very like have gone with the Gen3.

my heart at the sea and my soul in the mountains

Quote Originally Posted by willie.eyn View Post
    Grant9 never said the Gen 3 recoil spring is inferior. No one did. He simply said the new (dual) recoil is an improvement (used the word better). And he is right. Do you contest that the new recoil spring is an improvement over the older Gen3 recoil spring? The question you could have rather asked should have been: "Will your average (or novice shooter) pick up on the difference between the two respective recoil springs? In my personal opinion, no. They wont notice the difference. Both Gen 3 and Gen 4 are perfectly reliable pistols. An improvement on a product/part does not imply the previous model was inferior or unreliable.
    Why then is are gen 3 parts used to improve the gen 4 ?
    How is the RSA of the Gen 4 an improvement over the one in the Gen 3 (in the 9mmP)?
    live out your imagination , not your history.

In reply to the OP my personal opinion is to get the Gen5 ( although I will never feel inferior with the Gen 3).

User

Quote Originally Posted by KK20 View Post
    Why then is are gen 3 parts used to improve the gen 4 ?
    How is the RSA of the Gen 4 an improvement over the one in the Gen 3 (in the 9mmP)?
    Probably the same reason some bright okes 'tune' and 'chip' their cars or put wider tyres on.... always lots of bright okes out there who know more than the design engineers in Austria. Have Glock recalled any Gen4 G19's? Or issued a warning about the reliability of then Gen4 RSA?

User

The G5 gives you more adaptability to make the gun fit you. The G3 is a shoot it as you get it gun.

The R3K difference is tiny in the long run, you're gonna spend more than that (hopefully, but given the first post it seems like you've got you head screwed on right) on ammo and training very soon.

Bite the bullet and buy the G5 if your finances allow it.

Quote Originally Posted by willie.eyn View Post
    Probably the same reason some bright okes 'tune' and 'chip' their cars or put wider tyres on.... always lots of bright okes out there who know more than the design engineers in Austria. Have Glock recalled any Gen4 G19's? Or issued a warning about the reliability of then Gen4 RSA?
    Have Glock recalled any Gen4 G19's? Or issued a warning about the reliability of then Gen4 RSA? really?

Are these tune n chip methods as discussed on GS a bright sparks fart or it has some genuine improvement over stock?

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate View Post
    The G5 gives you more adaptability to make the gun fit you. The G3 is a shoot it as you get it gun.

The R3K difference is tiny in the long run, you're gonna spend more than that (hopefully, but given the first post it seems like you've got you head screwed on right) on ammo and training very soon.

Bite the bullet and buy the G5 if your finances allow it.
    I strongly with you.

In my 17s, the Gen 3 RSA outlives the RSA of the Gen 4 by about double the round count. Same ammo used.

User

I’ll echo the statements that R3k in the long run is minimal. However, not everyone is on the same budget so if it is a push then get the gen 3 to allow the ability to buy a better holster and ammo. One of my carry guns is a G19 gen 3, it will treat you well

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast