User

Default Help identifying these bullet heads

Hi Learned Members. I have a lot of these 300gr Solids for my 9.3x62. I would appreciate if someone can identify what brand they are. The weights are very consistant so my guess is they may not be cheapies.

Thanks

Baugust

Sent from my SM-J410F using Tapatalk

Banned

Default Re: Help identifying these bullet heads

Frontier - Copper plated, yea - they cheapies, but not rubbish for intended purpose. NOT HUNTING

User

Quote Originally Posted by treeman View Post
    Frontier - Copper plated, yea - they cheapies, but not rubbish for intended purpose. NOT HUNTING
    Thanks treeman...so they good to use for the range...its what i was thinking as i dont know them...i know the handgun ammo..but not the rifle bullets from Frontier...just load the same as the other 286 bullets i use for the range i hope will be in order

Quote Originally Posted by baugust View Post
    Hi Learned Members. I have a lot of these 300gr Solids for my 9.3x62. I would appreciate if someone can identify what brand they are. The weights are very consistant so my guess is they may not be cheapies.

Thanks

Baugust

Yes I agree wit Treeman. These are made by Frontier. They shoot quite accurately in my 9,3 X 62. I shot some Impala with them but as expected they performed like solids. Small hole in and out. Impala ran about 100 m on average with shots in the lung area.

Banned

I have found these bullets to shoot extremely well in everything I ever tried them except .223. Especially good in .458. All my sub sonic work in 30 and 458 cal was with these bullets.
    I found them so accurate in both calibers subsonic shooting and 458 sonic shooting that I even tried to modify them for hunting.
    I turned the copper off front to expose lead - did not work, then pressed a X in exposed lead - did not work either - the lead is just too hard. (7 % antimony I think ) - very hard.

User

First, it looks just like bullets. No heads in the pic.

The look just like Frontier "CS Game Ranger" bullets. These are lead core CMJ's with a very thick copper plating. They were never inteded for hunting dangerous game, but do quite well on smaller thin-skinned game. I have shot a few warthog, impala, kudu and a single gnu with these from amy 375. With proper shot placement, they work well and penetrate through.