Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    User
    Right next to the pot that needs stirring.

Default Re: CAA micro roni holding zero when changing firearms?

I have a Bushnell Trophy on mine. It worked on my .44 Lever Gun for a few years, changed to a 1-4 X 25 scope on the Lever Gun and chucked the Bushnell on the Roni as it was lying around. No risers. Works fine for me. (I am not pedantic about brands and all sort of "read on the internet" stuff. If it works, I use it. If I had it and it work, all the better.) But I like a solid cheek to stock contact with all my shooting, so do shoot with a low eye level.

Recoil from a Roni with Glock 19 actually hits your cheekbone quit hard. After 100 or so shots it gets painful. Risers might not be a bad idea, but not for me. Cheek weld makes me more accurate.

User

I haven’t done the formal research. But whatever it counts for personal experience. Sighted Glock Roni in with a G17, swapped out the firearm a few times afterwards. Ran a PCC course. 150 rounds, shot between 7-20 meters and the shots were perfect. Dot held zero. I think in general the tolerances are a little less due to it being a housing and not an actual firearm. But I think for recreational/sport purposes you should be good

User

Quote Originally Posted by Adoons View Post
    I have a Bushnell Trophy on mine. It worked on my .44 Lever Gun for a few years, changed to a 1-4 X 25 scope on the Lever Gun and chucked the Bushnell on the Roni as it was lying around. No risers. Works fine for me. (I am not pedantic about brands and all sort of "read on the internet" stuff. If it works, I use it. If I had it and it work, all the better.) But I like a solid cheek to stock contact with all my shooting, so do shoot with a low eye level.

Recoil from a Roni with Glock 19 actually hits your cheekbone quit hard. After 100 or so shots it gets painful. Risers might not be a bad idea, but not for me. Cheek weld makes me more accurate.
    Thanks Adoons

User

Quote Originally Posted by mtaute View Post
    What Red Dot for the Roni? And do one need the riser as well or is that dependent on what Red dot is used?
    I'm using a Vortex Sparc 2.
    Spacers allow you to achieve reasonable cheek weld consistency.

User

I have an el-cheapo red dot on mine, I had it as a secondary sight on my 308 for about two years, had it on my cz75 pre B for about 50 rounds if I remember correctly (did not like it) and now on the roni. I don't use a riser because I dont feel the need and I can also use the flip up sights over the top of the red dot for when the dot dies. It does hold zero well, the roni has very little recoil so I don't think a expensive red dot is necessary unless you are going to use it for self defence.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3