Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    my heart at the sea and my soul in the mountains

Default Re: Some advice for those who has/wants to remain behind.

You don't have to have a passport of another country to open an account..
    live out your imagination , not your history.

Quote Originally Posted by KK20 View Post
    You don't have to have a passport of another country to open an account..
    No certainly not, but it certainly makes it easier.

my heart at the sea and my soul in the mountains

In the USA, walk into a bank open a non interest bearing account. Get a letter from the bank ( cost 15 USD stating you have this account) . Walk over to IRS and ask for a ITIN number because you want to upgrade to a savings with interest a count. Then you will have an account and ITIN ( like a SSN).
    live out your imagination , not your history.

Banned

In the USA, walk into a bank open a non interest bearing account. Get a letter from the bank ( cost 15 USD stating you have this account) . Walk over to IRS and ask for a ITIN number because you want to upgrade to a savings with interest a count. Then you will have an account and ITIN ( like a SSN).
    IRS - ... Revenue Service?ITIN - ?SSN -?

User

Quote Originally Posted by Ds J View Post
    IRS = Internal Revenue Service
    ITIN = Individual Tax Payer Identification Number (like a SARS tax number)
    SSN = Social Security Number

User

Any idea if this can be done remotely?

Banned

User

Quote Originally Posted by Ds J View Post
    See my reply (post#35) . ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Bowhunter View Post
    My advice, don't stick your head in the sand but also don't wallow in the negativity and avoid those who can only talk about how bad things are - there are plenty of them around (on GS too). There are plenty good things, you're alive, own a few firearms probably, can still practice your religion without persecution, have a roof over your head. If you can't see an "out" and want to live under a cloud, so be it. If you're staying here and would like things to change, take action and get involved. Vote, march, make your voice heard to those that need to hear it. Moaning to your friends around a fire or on GS certainly won't change things.

We had this conversation around a fire last night, "stuck" here because of family/business interests etc etc. Make the most of what you've got.
    We do not want to leave so will just have to suck it up.

To become involved without marching have a look at www.dearsouthafrica.co.za. I have been on their mailing list for some time and they seem to be doing a good job. They have had some great successes by getting the public involved in issues on an individual basis which is 100% more effective than signing a petition. A petition with a million signatures is only counted as 1 so is not worth much.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Bowhunter View Post
    My advice, don't stick your head in the sand but also don't wallow in the negativity and avoid those who can only talk about how bad things are - there are plenty of them around (on GS too). There are plenty good things, you're alive, own a few firearms probably, can still practice your religion without persecution, have a roof over your head. If you can't see an "out" and want to live under a cloud, so be it. If you're staying here and would like things to change, take action and get involved. Vote, march, make your voice heard to those that need to hear it. Moaning to your friends around a fire or on GS certainly won't change things.

We had this conversation around a fire last night, "stuck" here because of family/business interests etc etc. Make the most of what you've got.
    This.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast