Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    Banned

Default Re: Some advice for those who has/wants to remain behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    Take up watersports.

Boating accidents are unpredictable and unfortunate.
    Already got my boat ready

far as I can see, the best method of prepping is to move all surplus cash off shore. Every last cent.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Zoo Keeper View Post
    far as I can see, the best method of prepping is to move all surplus cash off shore. Every last cent.
    Correct, at the rate the Another National Crisis is burning capital it won't be long before you will not be able to move it out of RSA

Amazing how freedom fighters resemble the National party more and more hey :)

Anyways its the slow degradation to continental standards, where ignorance is king, your currency is worthless, and you get to scream f%k the west while feasting on maize out of a "US AID" bag

User

Quote Originally Posted by GAZZAMCK View Post

Anyways its the slow degradation to continental standards, where ignorance is king, your currency is worthless, and you get to scream f%k the west while feasting on maize out of a "US AID" bag
    This

User

Peter Schiff is an American stock broker who owns several financial service firms. He's interviewed quite often by CNBC (financial network), and has been around for a long time, with a good reputation. One of his firms is Schiffgold. They'll actually take bitcoin for gold purchases. If you don't want to take physical delivery of your gold, silver, platinum, or other precious metals, they have some recommendations to store your bullion. https://schiffgold.com/faq/safely-st...l-gold-silver/

He's a pretty big advocate for buying gold and other precious metals, and offers a lot of good products. I'm not sure about the mechanics of opening an account with his firm but I'm sure they'd help someone wanting to invest.

There are a number of firms that offer similar services as well. It might be a good idea to have some reserves of physical gold.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Schiff

User

Very interesting article:

https://www.cbn.co.za/featured/things-are-bad-and-getting-worse-for-sa-or-are-they/

"The optimism paradox – the gap between private hope and public despair – is an intriguing idiosyncrasy explained by behavioral economics. On the one hand is our belief, that in our personal lives, our future will be better than our past, known as the optimism bias."

"
    Counter-intuitively, however, this private optimism is contrasted with a persistent and pervasive public pessimism, known as declinism – the belief that our world (or country) is on an irreversible downhill trajectory."

"... recognize the potential of our economy and invest in it. This is how change happens. Attitude drives fundamentals, not the other way around."

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5