Default Recent experiences with post from overseas ??

Some three months ago I bought a book from a bookseller in New York. Sent by USPS, it was delivered by SAPO about a month later with no problems. Was I just lucky, or what?

Peter

my heart at the sea and my soul in the mountains

Default Re: Recent experiences with post from overseas ??

4 weeks for what used to be 7-10 days
    live out your imagination , not your history.

User

This thread has just reminded me that I have/had a book that was meant to be on its way to me.

Some places in the US simply do not comprehend what it means when you say "please do not send it via the post office as our post office does not work". Apparently it translates to "please send via the post office".

Time to lodge a claim.

User

As long as you are not in a hurry it will get to you. From China it could take 6 to 9 months but it does arrive, USA 3 to 6 months. Never lost a package, forgot about a few and was pleasantly surprised when they arrived.

Quote Originally Posted by RevA View Post
    As long as you are not in a hurry it will get to you. Never lost a package, forgot about a few and was pleasantly surprised when they arrived.
    Well three small packages from the UK posted three years ago were a different story. One ended up back at the seller "unable to deliver" although correctly addressed. The other two are still coming ?!

I would hope that things have changed since then, hence this thread.

Peter

Quote Originally Posted by RevA View Post
    As long as you are not in a hurry it will get to you. From China it could take 6 to 9 months but it does arrive, USA 3 to 6 months. Never lost a package, forgot about a few and was pleasantly surprised when they arrived.
    Yeah I’ve had stuff that never arrived.
    Sent electronically, thus not signed.

Very hard to tell actually. I have had packages take 10 days, others 8 months.

User

All my recent packages (1x China, 2x USA, 1x Spain, all sapo once in sa) all took 3-7 days to hit sa, and then the issues began, one took 3 days from jhb to me, one took 2 weeks, one took 3 months.one took a week but never updated on the tracking app so Sat at the local post office for a month.. So it really is still a guessing game.

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

User

I've long given up posting items to South Africa, they either never turn up, arrive damaged or are returned to sender (in two instances about a year later). Funnily enough stuff from SA to NZ has never been a problem in my experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Roguemeister View Post
    All my recent packages (1x China, 2x USA, 1x Spain, all sapo once in sa) all took 3-7 days to hit sa, and then the issues began, one took 3 days from jhb to me, one took 2 weeks, one took 3 months.one took a week but never updated on the tracking app so Sat at the local post office for a month.. So it really is still a guessing game. Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk
    Similar experience here. Even small, inexpensive items from China "Wish" arrives in SA in a matter of days. Then SAPO takes forever. But touch wood, recently it js going not bad for SAPO standards