Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: DM4 Semi-Auto

User

Quote Originally Posted by PduPreez View Post
    I want to buy a DM4. I did shoot with one before, and like it a lot, but don't know anything about reliability or how good it is. Anyone with more experience on it, any input will be appreciated.
    Hi, I collected my 18" DM4 beginning of 2016,i have put less than 500rnds through this rifle as a trip to the range always ended earlier as planned with a spent case stuck in the chamber. Various brands of ammo, using new & used mags. I've never complained to the dealer where I purchased this rifle from, nor the manufacturer, and I'm not gonna start now. What I do need to do is find a good gunsmith on the West Coast to 'ream the chamber', hopefully that'll sort my problems. Wrt to your question, no, I would not recommend the DM4 rifle.

User

Default Re: DM4 Semi-Auto

Quote Originally Posted by JRX View Post
    Hi, I collected my 18" DM4 beginning of 2016,i have put less than 500rnds through this rifle as a trip to the range always ended earlier as planned with a spent case stuck in the chamber. Various brands of ammo, using new & used mags. I've never complained to the dealer where I purchased this rifle from, nor the manufacturer, and I'm not gonna start now. What I do need to do is find a good gunsmith on the West Coast to 'ream the chamber', hopefully that'll sort my problems. Wrt to your question, no, I would not recommend the DM4 rifle.
    Precision ballistics ,Etteine did my chamber, he knows his stuff and the short comings of um the manufacturer.

User

Quote Originally Posted by JRX View Post
    This also doesn’t make sense.

The manufacturer needs to be made aware of issues so that

A they can fix your gun

And

B they have an opportunity to fix the issue in future guns.

Quote Originally Posted by Dvyant View Post
    "Even stranger, this is for their G9 (9mmPCC) gun…gas blowback with a M4 carbine length gas system ?"

Indeed, very sad to see.

Being a member of the South African engineering fraternity myself, I do hope these errors are not carried through to the new Musgrave Armalite pattern rifle advertisements, for their sake and the other venerable SA manufacturers such as Truvelo, whom which I am told had a hand in the making of DM4 BCG's.
    Just a typo. Blowback of course.
    Truvelo has NOTHING to do with any part of the DM4.

User

Hi DSG.
    Would you please clarify which gas system lengths are used for the different barrel lengths on the DM4?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

User

I find it funny all this discussion about reaming chambers and what not else to correct problems on guns that should have never been built the way they were. (I'm referring to guns with carbine length gas systems on longer than the norm barrels) It is my understanding that some 18 inch guns have carbine gas systems? (Please correct me if I'm wrong)

AR's function within certain parameters. Gas ports too close to muzzle / too little dwell time / under gassed causes short stroking. Too much gas from a too large gas port overworks the system. Gas for too long (Short gas systems with long barrels) overworks the system.

Pressure needs to drop in an AR before extraction, or the extractor will slip leaving the case behind. (I didn't design it like that, Eugene did). Prevent gas pressure from dropping before extraction occurs by having a too large gas port or too much dwell time and the gun will malfunction. And whoever buys a gun from a manufacturer / assembler who doesn't understand this is wasting his money.

Quote Originally Posted by MFouche94 View Post
    Hi DSG.
    Would you please clarify which gas system lengths are used for the different barrel lengths on the DM4?
    Very early guns used carbine length, but that was soon changed to the regular convention. Will have to check with the factory tomorrow, but if I remember correctly:

Pistol 7"
    Carbine 10"
    Carbine 12"
    Carbine 14.5
    Mid 16"
    Mid 18"
    Rifle 20+ inches

User

Quote Originally Posted by BigT View Post
    This also doesn’t make sense.

The manufacturer needs to be made aware of issues so that

A they can fix your gun

And

B they have an opportunity to fix the issue in future guns.
    I hear what you are saying, but it will probably cost me more to courier the rifle up and down from the West Coast to Jhb than to just take it to a gunsmith locally AND a lot less schlepp.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7