Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: DM4 Semi-Auto

User

Default Re: DM4 Semi-Auto

Quote Originally Posted by Ridwaan87 View Post
    I bought the DM4 knowing that I am not buying a DDM4 and I don't expect it to ever outperform one or come close. Yet guys here want exactly that.

If someone bought a Mahindra bakkie and decided to run the Dakar and his bakkie broke, would we take him seriously if the threw a fit about it?
    If someone bought a Mahindra over a Isuzu thats on special and in the same price bracket???

User

Quote Originally Posted by GAZZAMCK View Post
    If someone bought a Mahindra over a Isuzu thats on special and in the same price bracket???
    You missing the point, if someone did that and then bitched and moaned that it doesn't perform like the Isuzu then what?

User

You missing the point, if someone did that and then bitched and moaned that it doesn't perform like the Isuzu then what?
    Wait so buying something and expect it to malfunction or break is normal? While paying the same price as other items that are reliable?

The point is, why would you buy a gun and then say you expect it to malfunction? That is nonsensical, but then again its your money

Quote Originally Posted by GAZZAMCK View Post
    Wait so buying something and expect it to malfunction or break is normal? While paying the same price as other items that are reliable?

The point is, why would you buy a gun and then say you expect it to malfunction? That is nonsensical, but then again its your money
    Perfectly stated. The comparison is not between high end and low end, it is between the same price where one works and the other one doesn't.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

Does the DM4 fall into that category as well?
    I have no experience on the DM4 so I cannot comment. And no we have not sold any. I stand by exactly what I said.

User

I listened to a recent episode of the Primary and secondary Podcast where Matt Landfair interviewed Chad Albrecht of the School of the American rifle. It was an eye opener in terms of the AR 15. I was shocked to hear how many guns that people bring to his armourers classes are out of headspace.

I will definitely spend serious time and consideration when I eventually buy my first AR.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

User

Another thing that has me concerned about the DM4 line of products is that they offered 18 inch barrel variants with carbine length gas systems. Why neglect the fact that there are appropriate gas system lengths for different barrel lengths?

User

With regard to the carbine length gas system comment, my 18" DM4 comes with a mid length gas system. As far as I am aware I have the 1st generation with the Aero-Precision lower. Unless I have some kind of unicorn DM4, I do not understand where this "carbine length system on all DM4 variants" comes from? Did production line change during the course of development?

User

Quote Originally Posted by Dvyant View Post
    With regard to the carbine length gas system comment, my 18" DM4 comes with a mid length gas system. As far as I am aware I have the 1st generation with the Aero-Precision lower. Unless I have some kind of unicorn DM4, I do not understand where this "carbine length system on all DM4 variants" comes from? Did production line change during the course of development?
    If that's the case I was under the wrong impression and I apologise. I'm sure that's how I saw it advertised in a firearms magazine.

User

Barrel Material: EN19 Condition 10 Barrel Finish: Black
    Barrel Length: 18 Inch Twist Rate: 1:9
    Gas Tube: Carbine M4

Barrel Material: EN19 Condition 10 Barrel Finish: Black
    Barrel Length: 20 Inch Twist Rate: 1:9
    Gas Tube: Carbine M4

From their blurb on Dave Sheer website,

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast