Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Moer koffie

User

Default Re: Moer koffie

Would also love to know that. I've also heard that rumor, but never tried or seen it.

User

I can confirm it. Let coffee bubble away for a bit while having dinner, then drop a red hot coal in it, put lid back on, pour and enjoy. Coffee comes out clear, grounds free and genuinely tasty.... Brandy optional...

get a old fashion percolator. this is something that we do not go without to any hunting trip.

We have 4 of these that go to the hunting trips.
    https://lks.co.za/product/coffee-percolator-set/
    works a charm...

User

I have one of those that akading lists. Sans the cups. Anyway, I use mine on the gas stove. It's amazing how much coffee you can get from so little grounds with that thing. I just line the basket with a paper filter with each use and no grounds get in the cup.

Although mine looks more like this: https://www.takealot.com/afritrail-e...E&gclsrc=aw.ds

User

I skip the milk and sweeten with some local honey.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by MrK View Post
    I heard a rumour several years ago that sticking a smouldering stick into the coffee pot would make the floating coffee grounds sink to the bottom. I have cloth bag that the grounds go in, so have never had the oppertunity to try this. Can anyone confirm the thruth of this?

My father showed me how to make Ouma coffee when camping with instant coffee.
    The were hiking the B/kloof and had made coffee, some where between spooning coffee in cups and pouring water the spoon went AWOL. Uncle Cliff took a stick out fire and blew the ash off it and stirred with the stick- the others followed suite. It was noticed that it was a very nice coffee. Later when coffee was made again it was noted that the coffee was just OK, someone joked must be burning stick.
    I challenge every one reading this :::::::::::::::::::
    next braai make instant coffee - 2 cups one you stir with spoon one you stir with a glowing coal, before sugar milk taste the differance.
    My theory is the stick burns some of the coffee and perhaps leach's off some
    You have a much stronger coffee --- it tradition with us,

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by MrK View Post
    I heard a rumour several years ago that sticking a smouldering stick into the coffee pot would make the floating coffee grounds sink to the bottom. I have cloth bag that the grounds go in, so have never had the oppertunity to try this. Can anyone confirm the thruth of this?
    PJ Schoeman mentions it in one of his books, it might be in "Fanie se veldskooldae".

Banned

I really expect some one to have done the test by 20:00 tonight, it just seems so easy to confirm or disprove. I do not have moer coffee.

User

Quote Originally Posted by treeman View Post
    I really expect some one to have done the test by 20:00 tonight, it just seems so easy to confirm or disprove. I do not have moer coffee.
    Made some this afternoon, based on the response of this thread. Unique flavour compared to running the ground through a machine. Going to give your theory a test once I have some time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2