Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    User
    Right next to the pot that needs stirring.

Default Re: Which 22 SLR To Buy

I have a Ruger 10/22 Tactical version. Nice cheap price tag. It shoots and feed any ammo and highly accurate with all from the 10 round mags. Never had one issue from a 10 round. On the BX 25 mags they jam up when loading more than 20 rounds. The spring just cannot pull the rounds upwards. With 20 loaded also not feeding problems except with Magtech Sub Sonic Hollow Point.

Also note: CCI Stingers cannot be shot from a 10/22 tactical. They don't chamber. The tactical's chamber is cut shorter for better accuracy or some other "Ruger" reasoning. But myself in any case don't use Stingers even from my Brno bolt action or .22 plinking pistols. They are not accurate from my Brno.

Why I don't have a 15/22? They just seem too much plastic to my liking, especially the mags. But fellow shooters on the range seem to not have problems with theirs. A misfeed here and there. From my observations the reliability between a 10/22 and 15/22 is the same. Some rifle and mag setups just don't like some brands of ammo and others gobble up anything.

Why I have a 10/22. Price and size. It fits nicely in my bakkie as a "utility" firearm on the farm especially with the 10 round mag that sits flush. Its a sleek little rifle.

We have about equal numbers of both shooting at our club and the scores is not showing a specific trend.

User

Thanks for starting this thread Greeekboi95. I purchased my 15-22 2days ago and applied today. Thanks guys for the contributions.

User

Quote Originally Posted by jiggajono View Post
    Thanks for starting this thread Greeekboi95. I purchased my 15-22 2days ago and applied today. Thanks guys for the contributions.
    It has only just started :) you need lots of mags ( 2 don't cut it). Then an RDS. Then a Volquartsen extractor, magpul pistol grip, VFG, then a...........................................:)

Enjoy pimping your toy. It is great fun

User

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley View Post
    I wonder why the Ruger 10-22 doesn't feature at IPSC Mini Rifle matches...?

It doesn't? Granted, I only ever attended 2 matches, but it had representation there both times.

The 15-22 was just about the first gun I bought, and it sold the fastest when I started preparing for the big move. It's a great gun, but I had more FTEs and FTFs with it than all my other guns combined. I believe the FTE problem was fully resolved when I installed the Volquartsen extractor, while the FTF problems seemed to stem from how I loaded the mags, and possibly the ammo in use - I bought Winchester 555 in bulk for cheap early on, and there were a few "interesting" rounds on those boxes.

All that said, I would still consider buying a 15-22 again. They are great little guns, and support almost as much accessorizing as their big AR-15 brothers.

I would also add the 10/22 to the list of options to look at. I seem to recall there's some good furniture for them out there, and I believe Volquartsen makes a bunch of goodies for them too.

Quote Originally Posted by jiggajono View Post
    That's awesome news! If I may ask, how much did you pay for it? Busy shopping around for prices myself.

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

Thank you to all for contributing to this thread. I believe that there is some small issues with the 15-22 but still seems like the correct firearm to go for regardless. I won't be doing comps at this stage with it as time constraints are taking over me but hopefully in the future I can change that.

Side note, I was searching for my SLR competency earlier in the week and I just could not find it anywhere. So I ended up going to my DFO yesterday to print my SLR competency which I somehow forgot to collect when it was approved over two years ago. According to her, I never went to collect it as if I did, the system wouldn't allow her to print it again?

User

Quote Originally Posted by Greekboi95 View Post
    That's awesome news! If I may ask, how much did you pay for it? Busy shopping around for prices myself.

R9400

User

These look like a great option.

Maybe we'll see a lot more options open up for us in the future.

Sent from my POT-LX1AF using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3