Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    User

Default Re: Additional safe for HG (night storage)

Quote Originally Posted by Toxxyc View Post
    My suggestion - gun-proof your kids. Don't lock your firearm in a safe. Those few extra seconds you might have should be spent making sure your family is safe, not struggling to get a safe open.
    Definitely agree. BUUUUUTTTTT we all know how inquisitive they can be. Even though I tell them a million times not to do/touch/climb, you will still find them 10 mins later doing exactly that.... Maybe I am doing something wrong.. I havent started gun proofing them yet, maybe they surprise me. I think we'll start this weekend with a video and then small talk around the rifles. Better to include them in the preparation period...

Thanks

User

Quote Originally Posted by Toxxyc View Post
    My suggestion - gun-proof your kids. Don't lock your firearm in a safe. Those few extra seconds you might have should be spent making sure your family is safe, not struggling to get a safe open.
    Gun-proofing small kids is not a guarantee. I never left my firearm in open view or reachable at night when my kids were small although they were used to guns and grew up around guns.

Something like the Hornady safe is insurance and is quicker to open than reaching for a top shelve for instance.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Antonie_Pienaar View Post
    Definitely agree. BUUUUUTTTTT we all know how inquisitive they can be. Even though I tell them a million times not to do/touch/climb, you will still find them 10 mins later doing exactly that.... Maybe I am doing something wrong.. I havent started gun proofing them yet, maybe they surprise me. I think we'll start this weekend with a video and then small talk around the rifles. Better to include them in the preparation period...

Thanks
    Im in the same situation as you, I put floating shelves on each side of the bed, very high up and no easy access for my child, I ONLY, I repeat, I ONLY LEAVE MY GUN ON THERE WHILE SLEEPING, If I go take a dump, the gun comes with, If I go make coffee, the gun comes with ect....

But if the SHTF then I only have to stand up to reach my firearm, I sleep lekker knowing its out of reach from my child...

User

I have one of these - they rock. You can "gun proof' your kids but these safes add peace of mind. They are very well put together.

Quote Originally Posted by Khumba View Post
    Hornady Rapid Safe 2700KP with RFiD. Can also be opened with touchpad combo and key.

User

Quote Originally Posted by gizmo16 View Post
    I have one of these - they rock. You can "gun proof' your kids but these safes add peace of mind. They are very well put together.
    Thanks for the feedback!!

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2