Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    User

Default Additional safe for HG (night storage)

I want to get a safe (secondary) to store my handgun in during night. Primary safe is SABS approved, but too much of a hassle to get to if need be.

So I am looking at getting a biometric safe that I can install in my cupboard for easy access. Keyless and no messy pin code typing while under stress and deur die k@k.

Does this safe have to be SABS approved as well? it literally is only to store the gun in at bedtime until morning. Any long term storage (including daytime should the gun not be on my side for whatever reason) will be in the primary safe.

The specs of the safe I m currently looking at is 2mm body & 4mm door.
    There is a Xpanda biometric safe that is 3mm body & 6mm door that meets the minimum requirements, but cant find anybody that has stock.

Any advice or alternatives will be great.

User

Default Re: Additional safe for HG (night storage)

User

Don't think an additional or any other safe will be any easier to get to if you're sleepy, confused, possibly blinded by light and still have to worry about where the rest of your family is.

Quick question - where is your gun during the daytime hours?

Banned

on you, a hands reach away or properly locked up. First 2nd 3rd place goes to on you - 4rth to 99999999999999th place a hands reach away. Locked up is for when you hospitable - jail.
    .............................if you need your fire arm cause someone is in house you will not have time to unlock it ----------------------finnito - no discussion.

User

Hornady Rapid Safe 2700KP with RFiD. Can also be opened with touchpad combo and key.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Toxxyc View Post
    Don't think an additional or any other safe will be any easier to get to if you're sleepy, confused, possibly blinded by light and still have to worry about where the rest of your family is.

Quick question - where is your gun during the daytime hours?
    At the moment in the GS safe. I am busy getting everything in order and saving for whatever needs to be bought in the next few months before I can fetch the gun.

But to answer your question, the gun will be EDC'd

I should be awake long before they are in my family's immediate vicinity as they will have to get through a few layers first. But your point is duly noted, thank you!!

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk

User

Quote Originally Posted by treeman View Post
    on you, a hands reach away or properly locked up. First 2nd 3rd place goes to on you - 4rth to 99999999999999th place a hands reach away. Locked up is for when you hospitable - jail.
    .............................if you need your fire arm cause someone is in house you will not have time to unlock it ----------------------finnito - no discussion.
    Noted thanks. Just a little worries about the kids having access if it within arms reach, they move like ninjas, and scared that I won't wake up when they are sneaking into the bedroom on a Saturday morning.
    Open to suggestions though

User

Quote Originally Posted by Khumba View Post
    Hornady Rapid Safe 2700KP with RFiD. Can also be opened with touchpad combo and key.
    Thanks Khumba! Do you stock these?

User

Thanks for the link RevA.

User

My suggestion - gun-proof your kids. Don't lock your firearm in a safe. Those few extra seconds you might have should be spent making sure your family is safe, not struggling to get a safe open.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast