User

Default Glock Wins Brazilian Contract For Thousands Of Handguns

Source from TFB : https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...lian-contract/
    World news outlets are reporting that GLOCK has won a Brazilian contract to supply the São Paulo Military Police (SP MP) with thousands of new pistols. The article below mentions 40,000 guns, but there is conflicting information between various news sources making the actual number unclear.

The contract is reportedly worth R $53M or nearly $13M in USD. The larger question of which GLOCK pistols the São Paulo State Police will actually end up carrying remains largely unseen at the moment.

TFB previously reported on the initial receipt and testing of a shipment of .40S&W pistols about year and a half ago.
    These GLOCK pistols were unique in that they included a manual safety and Gen 5 features previously only seen in 9mm GLOCKs.
    Also competing for the Brazilian contract were firearm manufacturers Beretta and Canik.

But the final model and features for the awarded contract is a bit of a mystery. As soon as we find out more TFB will update you!
    I think the chances are good that we see a Glock 22 Gen 5 and 23 Gen 5 announced in 2020.

User

Default Re: Glock Wins Brazilian Contract For Thousands Of Handguns

How many millions in a brazilian??

User

Quote Originally Posted by Nyt Ryda View Post
    Source from TFB : https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...lian-contract/

I think the chances are good that we see a Glock 22 Gen 5 and 23 Gen 5 announced in 2020.
    Not everything made for contracts becomes commercially available.

User

Quote Originally Posted by BigT View Post
    Not everything made for contracts becomes commercially available.
    True. But when looking at past with the 17M, 19M and 19 MHS, I think a Gen 5 40S&W could come eventually.

I'd be more interested if any of the features in the G46 make it into a Gen 6.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Nyt Ryda View Post
    True. But when looking at past with the 17M, 19M and 19 MHS, I think a Gen 5 40S&W could come eventually.

I'd be more interested if any of the features in the G46 make it into a Gen 6.
    With 40 being as unpopular as it’s become, while Gen5’s May come at some stage they’re not Something it make sense to prioritise.

G46 is an interesting gun to shoot.

User

The G46 has some interesting design changes and features different to the norm of a conventional Glock many have become acquainted with.
    Interesting design.

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...-new-glock-46/